First Stop - Meets and Greets - The Newbie Forum Your 1st post should start here. Introduce yourself. Tell us about you, where you are from, what you drive and what brings you to TR

Sup from VA

Old 12-06-2003, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sup from VA

Hello forum.
My name's Merrill. I am originally from Brooksville, but left there for the Navy over 5 years ago. Currently I live in VA Beach, but always think abotu the great place to grow up that the Bay Area was. My family is still in the B'ville/Brandon/Dade City area...I can pretty much visit someone on every exit of 75 from B'ville on down, lol. There may or not be some people on here that I grew up with, who knows. They'll know me...not too many Merrill's in the world...lucky for the world...

Anyway, a little more about me that IS relevant to the forum. I had an Accord that pretty much ruined my life for about 3 years thanks to an excessive amount of money poured into it with absolutely ZERO satisfaction...

I recently got ahold of a MKIV Supra that had just shed off it's tiny twins for a slightly larger single. As far as Supra singles go, mine is one of the smallest, but I enjoy it and will spool nice and quick until I get bored with the numbers and get a larger one...probably not anytime soon, though. I am just now getting everything to work right, all the pressure lines were wrong, things capped that should have been re-routed, etc...in adddition to frying the AFC that was in it and blowing the end caps right off the stock intercooler. So things have been interesting, but it's a lot of fun, and a HELLUVA lot more rewarding than the Honda.

I am a veteran to forums, so I can't pawn off any dumb posts to being a noob. The reason I decided to make an account and post here is that ironically I found a great thread concerning the tuning of the ProfecB SpecII that I just installed and am trying to figure out, so when a search engine pointed this way, I had to say hello.

Anyone who may know me, shout-out, anyone who wants to flame, flame away, anyone who wants to race...well...I'll be there on vacation for New Year's...set it up!

BTW, one question I would like answered...is the Brandon track still open? After I got everything all tuned and happy, our track closed and I couldn't try for my first slip in the Supra. Would love to meet up there and see what she can do. Thanks!
-Merrill

94 TT | single PT-57 | N1 exhaust | 3-inch DP | HKS SSQ BOV | RPS Stage2 clutch | FMIC
FOR SALE! (click)
Click for MerF's VIDEOS thread.
First ET: 8.270 @ 89.08 MPH (1/8 mile)
VIRGINIA BEACH REPRESENT!
Originally posted by 92CXhatch
you are #1 newbie man!!!
Old 12-07-2003, 07:38 AM

Thank you. Can anyone tell me why I'm not being subscribed to threads I reply to? Hell, even this one isn't showing up in my list.

94 TT | single PT-57 | N1 exhaust | 3-inch DP | HKS SSQ BOV | RPS Stage2 clutch | FMIC
FOR SALE! (click)
you are #1 newbie man!!!
Old 12-07-2003, 08:58 AM
Lost without a trace

Talking *WUSSUP! 757 REPPIN'!*

My hometown is VIRGINIA BEACH! I'm plannin' to go back in sometime in January to visit.

WELCOME!

~elle~
Old 12-07-2003, 10:26 AM

Thanks all for the welcome. Preludegirlay, that's awesome! It's reallly coooollld here right now. Good for the intercooler, bad for me. Oh well. You oughta try to meet up with the crew out here if you are interested... , we have a good time, but I have no CLUE what Jan will bring. Have a good trip!

FOR SALE! (click)
you are #1 newbie man!!!
Old 12-07-2003, 06:41 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Welcome to the forum. So, are you actually happy up there in the land of unpleasant winter? Florida didn't really get cold until yesterday...
Old 12-08-2003, 12:03 PM

Billy: No such option in there, although I know exactly what you are talking about. I do have it so it sends e-mail notifications, but I never recieved one yet, including a standard "Welcome to the forum" that every forum I have ever been a part of has had. Maybe I got my e-mail wrong.

Jordan Y.: Ehhh...if it wasn't for the damn wind, this place wouldn't be so bad. I'm abtou to head up to NoVa (northern VA) in March a little more inland. Should be a bit nicer. Cold I can handle, windchill pisses me off! My FMIC adores this cold and my tires don't...it's a shitty trade-off, lol.

FOR SALE! (click)
you are #1 newbie man!!!