Drifting The art of going sideways

Gymkhana at nopi!?

Old 06-09-2010, 09:19 AM
tire eater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

usually gymkhana is a 1st gear course... sometimes 2nd is used. dont think its anything like drifting guys. ken block is not really doing traditional gymkhana in his videos, he is rally racing on a set course/stunt setup which is like gymkhana.

there is an advantage to those who can slide and have good car control, but its not like you are dippin big angle and linking turns all sweet. its all precise car movements and quick changes. usually the course is so confusing that you also might pull alternating 360s into a 180 reverse into a box and out into a slalom around the same set of cones u just did 360s around. you must be very good at learning a strange layout fast.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:20 AM
tire eater

also, i talked to NOPI months ago about this and they said they are doing this because they wanted something that had a undisputed result (time) rather than the judging of drifting.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:40 AM
NEVER LIFT!!!

ohh for sure ive seen some real vids of it a while back when i first saw the ken block stuff and its pretty crazy what alot of people can do lol i had a good idea it was mostly first gear crap just how tight you wana be going around the cones its basicly like doing the nose to nose thing with another car or like me and some friends do just do circles around random shit and get as close as we can with out kissing it. its going to be worth it becuase its deff going to teach alot of people who dont know how to handle there car how to handle it alotttt better i just wana learn everything i can if they had a drift even option id deff be doing that instead or both but i really might give this a shot alot of the west coast dudes do it from what ive heard

www.sundayslide.com
SUNDAYSLIDE Floridas Underground Drift Culture
Media coverage for Florida's Events, Cars, Drivers, Tracks and much more!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:24 AM
YEAH I KILL IT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i want to do this

YouTube - Gymkhana: Drift Society Japan
Old 06-09-2010, 01:34 PM
NEVER LIFT!!!

ohh yah ive seen that video i have it lol i have all the grip vids when ross petty was like 18 lol drift soceity is deff my fav tho love up garage

www.sundayslide.com
SUNDAYSLIDE Floridas Underground Drift Culture
Media coverage for Florida's Events, Cars, Drivers, Tracks and much more!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:48 PM

id eat every single cone....
Old 06-09-2010, 05:39 PM
whats good?

Originally Posted by box240mod
usually gymkhana is a 1st gear course... sometimes 2nd is used. dont think its anything like drifting guys. ken block is not really doing traditional gymkhana in his videos, he is rally racing on a set course/stunt setup which is like gymkhana.

there is an advantage to those who can slide and have good car control, but its not like you are dippin big angle and linking turns all sweet. its all precise car movements and quick changes. usually the course is so confusing that you also might pull alternating 360s into a 180 reverse into a box and out into a slalom around the same set of cones u just did 360s around. you must be very good at learning a strange layout fast.
pssshhhh i'm winning and linking the whole thing. quit hatin.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Race Photographer

I dont think it will do well. Overall its not as exciting as a spectator sport to watch and even less ppl know what the fuck it is.

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 06-09-2010, 06:42 PM
will not

Gymkhana is the new drifting

Lol

When life gives you lemons, just say 'F*ck the lemons,' and bail
Old 06-09-2010, 09:00 PM

would be nice to have that kinda thing around here. looks like it would be fun to do