Drifting The art of going sideways

vido of alex and me drifting

Old 07-24-2009, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vido of alex and me drifting

the red s13 is my friend alexs, its a n/a ka, chopped cat, pod filter, coils, adjusted timing

the white s14 is my friend haris, s14 sr20 t28 crap ton of BPUs, i was driving in the video bc it was his first time on the track, showing him how to

the black s13 is a r33 rb28, single turbo, to many mods to list

YouTube - Bronson Drift Day 6/8/09

my lag is your courtesy head start

ATTENTION.... installing a head gasket, head studs or pistons and rods in your otherwise STOCK engine dose not make it a "built" engine! stop listing you cars for sale saying they are built when its not!!

Old 07-24-2009, 12:25 PM

^lol at your sig.

your car is fucking awesome. the rb is some serious shit man! where you located exactly? cause ive never seen that track before.

come. the. fuck. on.

Originally Posted by osama tim laden
if my car actually got voted ride of the month, id probably set it on fire.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:38 PM

im located in gainesville. the track is at bronson. its a 20 min drive from my shop

ATTENTION.... installing a head gasket, head studs or pistons and rods in your otherwise STOCK engine dose not make it a "built" engine! stop listing you cars for sale saying they are built when its not!!

Old 07-24-2009, 12:42 PM

thats not too bad of a drive, when are events usually held? itd be cool to hit up that track to get something a little different.

come. the. fuck. on.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:49 PM

we have practice every friday at 9 pm, the next "event" is aug 9th 10 bucks to drive all day, track isnt huge but who cares

Old 07-24-2009, 07:08 PM

damn that sounds good.

come. the. fuck. on.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:14 PM
February - Ride of the Month

looks like fun!
Although I have to ask, when you were driving bank were you in 2nd or 3rd gear? It sounds very high in the RPM. Looks awesome.

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."

Old 07-25-2009, 08:17 AM
tire eater

sounds like 2nd, 3rd would be much better for you. it wont be so twitchy on the pedal control and youll be able to ride a smoother line around the bank. Looks like the wheels keep catching up to the motor/trans so you start to straighten and then have to lift and slow down, then mash again.

no biggie, and it looks like your doing pretty well already. should totally do the Gainesville event when ter-tech throws it
Old 07-25-2009, 11:58 AM

i was thinking about running in turtech but i read their rules and there pretty gay with some of their shit, ie no companys decals on you windshield, only turtech stickers meaning i have to take my shops name off,

whens their next event at the gainesville raceway?

the next event im gonna try 2nd, i was retarted for sliding in 2nd.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:07 PM
tire eater

well youre getting mixed up a little. the 'rule book' is for the proclass, which you have to qualify for at a ter-tech licensing event (which will be held at Gville), then you have to follow the rule book to compete.

HOWEVER, since a rule book is MANY pages, most of it is mirrored to other series, National level pro series, that have very strict rules such as the decal rule you mentioned. That rule, as others, are not 'vitally important' and won't cause you trouble. IF you plan on just running the ter-tech events and trying for a license, you dont have to have anything special except a helmet. IF you get your license to compete in the Pro class, you'll need a full roll cage to spec, a full fire suit, correctly rated helmet, correctly rated seat and seat harness and many other aspects covered.

So dont get all caught up in that rule book, just come out and drive. The gville event has not yet been scheduled, but is supposed to be the next event in the series. It will be posted when Harri decides/plans it.