Drifting The art of going sideways

ATTN EVENT ORGANIZERS: No More Ovals.

Old 06-21-2006, 06:15 AM
Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like cheese.

and agree walls = death = fuck all events.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:09 AM

Mr. Acelera Kimi I am very impressed with your point in life. Please call me at 813-817-7223. Or post your number. I would love your input. I have been racing since the 70's. I held a SCCA Pro, IMSA GT, NASCAR, FIA Liences and own the FASTRUCK Driving School with over 900 graduates that have gone on the invovled in the world of Motor Sports. My teaching has been very sucessful as well. David Steel 2004 & 2005 USCA Silver Crown Champion (Drives for Tony Stwert), Aric Armorloa is in the NASCAR BUSCH and Craftsmen Truck Series (drivers for Joe Gibbs Racing) were my Student Asst. while they were in High School at Hillsborough SHS. Marc Davis drives for Joe Gibbs in the NASCAR DODGE Series. Mark Martin of NASCAR Fame and I develope the FASTKIDS Series. We have had over 25 magazine articles about my Series and the race car within. Latest is Stock Car Magazine "The Building of a FASTRUCK" 6 months of the Story. I have race Mazda RX7s, Corvettes, Cameros, Gt6s, Prototypes, sprint cars and many other racers in my 40 year career. But, Yes I only have the passion for the Drifting Sport. I have been very suscessfull with any thing I have taken on. I found that the strenght comes the knownledge bank of information. That is why I ask you if you would like to be part of this. We are looking at 600 acers on land on US Highway 41. This will be the site of a Mega Motor Sports Complex. Drifting will be a big part of the Future of Life. Again thanks for you input. And please call me.
PS:
Hope you can make Charlotte County Speedway this Saturday.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu

holy fuckin name droppin batman. but cool.

400 acre motorsport complex would be ideal for central florida and florida in general. Sounds like a good idea, but is this in the works or just a thought process now?
Old 06-21-2006, 07:32 AM
Captain Catastrophe

Originally Posted by briman06
Mr. Acelera Kimi I am very impressed with your point in life. Please call me at 813-817-7223. Or post your number. I would love your input. I have been racing since the 70's. I held a SCCA Pro, IMSA GT, NASCAR, FIA Liences and own the FASTRUCK Driving School with over 900 graduates that have gone on the invovled in the world of Motor Sports. My teaching has been very sucessful as well. David Steel 2004 & 2005 USCA Silver Crown Champion (Drives for Tony Stwert), Aric Armorloa is in the NASCAR BUSCH and Craftsmen Truck Series (drivers for Joe Gibbs Racing) were my Student Asst. while they were in High School at Hillsborough SHS. Marc Davis drives for Joe Gibbs in the NASCAR DODGE Series. Mark Martin of NASCAR Fame and I develope the FASTKIDS Series. We have had over 25 magazine articles about my Series and the race car within. Latest is Stock Car Magazine "The Building of a FASTRUCK" 6 months of the Story. I have race Mazda RX7s, Corvettes, Cameros, Gt6s, Prototypes, sprint cars and many other racers in my 40 year career. But, Yes I only have the passion for the Drifting Sport. I have been very suscessfull with any thing I have taken on. I found that the strenght comes the knownledge bank of information. That is why I ask you if you would like to be part of this. We are looking at 600 acers on land on US Highway 41. This will be the site of a Mega Motor Sports Complex. Drifting will be a big part of the Future of Life. Again thanks for you input. And please call me.
PS:
Hope you can make Charlotte County Speedway this Saturday.

Bobby, I'm not trying to have a pissing contest with you here. Nor am I ready to start name dropping because you'll obviously have much more experience than I because I'm likely to be half your age. I just wanted to stress my concern about drifting on ovals.

If you want to do it right in safe venues, I'd consider giving my input and advice. The media is already starting to cast a bad light on the sport, all they need is some footage of some kid eating it into the wall and breaking something.

My office number is 941.729.5706, I'll be here all day. Feel free to call me if you want to discuss this further.

Kyle
Old 06-21-2006, 08:14 AM
beep boop

i consider myself an objective person.. i spent last saturday with bobby and the rest of the people down there at charlotte county speedway. from what i saw bobby means well
and is trying his hardest to get this organized wich i think he is doing a good job of being only one man.. he isnt out to make money, belive me not one of us got charged for being there.. i like bobby and truely belive he is doing this for us.. im sure in the future if this takes off into something huge he and many others will reap the rewards of being there when it all started..and all of his efforts will pay off.. nobody does shit for free for long..

i agree alot of the kids out there shouldent be going balls out drifting ovals but bobby has been doing alot of work as far as getting other venues that are noob safe.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:49 AM

Great talking to you and there was no intent to get a drop of piss on either of us.
Thanks
Old 06-22-2006, 05:08 AM

David with the FAST Drifter Blue BMW the tires are yours (if you use them Saturday night at 7:30). Thats when the EXPO will be.Then you can leave. Call me again to pre-register. Thanks for all of you who support the FAST Drifters. We will get some Parking Lot events.
Also 2 great I have 195/60R/ 15. Remember I will be working on getting you tires. Call to pre-register TODAY!!!! This ones FREE!!!!! 813-817-7223
Old 06-22-2006, 02:26 PM
tire eater

OK here is how I see things, I actually agree with both sides. I'm really quite neutral, I just want events... I'm psyched just to sit in my car still after 6months lol.

I believe we do need to cut out ovals and move to other venues. I feel I don't get a 'huge' excitement from on oval to the next, don't get me wrong, I love drifting anytime but, tracks with 4 possible turns seem to lack the variables we need to accel/learn other techniques. I believe the event at the orlando lot will prove to be the most enjoyable in a long while because of the no fear of wall, and different setup possibilities.

I ALSO believe that instead of just putting bobby down everysecond about his events, take him up on his offer to lead him in the direction. As Kyle said, Bobby has more experience over the longer years he has been in it. MAYBE you guys that have some connections and can use the help of a veteran event/league/racer person like Bobby. Bobby will be the first to admit he doesn't know much about drifting but he lets us decide 90% of stuff or help him make a decision. HE JUST WANTS TO HELP, its part of being a teacher. If you dont like his events fine, tell him what venues you think we could secure as a JOINT EFFORT and maybe he can get some strings pulled that you can't reach just yet.

IMHO I think Bobby can help out the scene a lot, he has quite a rep and quite a number of friends. I think those who are in touch with venues should ask him to help you, as you teach him what he needs to know to be a drift event promoter. He is willing to do it, and his man Mark can run it outside of the oval events. He has budgeting and sponsors that can go into the new stuff. He can help the scene, he just needs direction.

If you don't try nothing will happen, if you try, something might. Hope we can open some of the kart tracks/ open lots drift friendly..... anyone talk to the airport that PCA uses for autox?....
Old 06-22-2006, 03:49 PM
i wanna go fast

someone with so many connections should have no trouble finding safer venues for people to drive at.

sport does not grow if people wreck their cars at legal events.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Driven Concepts

I think what Roberto Fleming is trying to say is

Ovals are fun, and have their time and place.

Oval drifting requires a lot of skill, and not possessing that skill can kill your car.

A lot of Florida Drifters dailydrive their car.

Florida people are killing their cars more than they should be at legal events due to all of them being at oval tracks.

Ovals aren't bad, but they are not beginner freindly, no matter how much you run the n00bs thru the track and at ride alongs. One goal in drifting is to get NEAR the wall. People get overexcited , inch up the track, mess up, dont konw what to do, bye bye car. You need variety to keep the events going, and you definately need a safer place for everyone. Ovals are awesome, and they have their time and place, but they should not be the only available legal drift spot. Occasionally they work awesome, but they should not be the only outlet for legal Drifting. .02