Drifting The art of going sideways

need help w/ drifting

Old 03-29-2006, 07:05 AM
is on blocks...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help w/ drifting

i am new to the drifting scene and i am about to buy a 85 carolla w/ a gt-s conversion and i was wonderingwhat should be my first upgrade to make it a good drifter i already have a lsd. what about coilovers are they essential or what about an camber kit to change my camber to make it slide i dont know i am new and looking for any kind of help thanks alot.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Forever Broke Nissan

Camber doesn't make the car slide, the driver does. Just go out and practice. Slowly build your car.

Old 03-29-2006, 07:46 AM
Banned

Your looking in the right area,Suspension is the most important thing on the car for drifting and to have a Good running car..have you done regular maintenance stuff?? like changing oil,belt's,brake pad's and bushing's ..etc.. Make sure everything is in good working order and up to par before trying to drift..Another thing you should look into is Stainless steel brake line's and some good Rotor's. After you get it in good running order,Go out and try to slide around in the rain in a nice open spot "parking lot's" or go to one of the Event's that are Held etc.. and then after you get the hang of it and you feel like you could use more power then start to upgrade motor stuff..
Old 03-29-2006, 09:28 AM
bored...

Originally Posted by Kung Fu Grip
Your looking in the right area,Suspension is the most important thing on the car for drifting and to have a Good running car..have you done regular maintenance stuff?? like changing oil,belt's,brake pad's and bushing's ..etc.. Make sure everything is in good working order and up to par before trying to drift..Another thing you should look into is Stainless steel brake line's and some good Rotor's. After you get it in good running order,Go out and try to slide around in the rain in a nice open spot "parking lot's" or go to one of the Event's that are Held etc.. and then after you get the hang of it and you feel like you could use more power then start to upgrade motor stuff..

this comming from a honda owner.. wtf?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Tha numba one stunna

Originally Posted by coryishot19
this comming from a honda owner.. wtf?
wtf does it matter what he drives...it was good advice anyway.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:58 AM
bored...

Originally Posted by spoonfed
wtf does it matter what he drives...it was good advice anyway.
i was screwing around he is an old buddy of mine from high school...
Old 03-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Forever Broke Nissan

God everyone is so anal. You should all fall off a cliff! Hahaha, jk. No it's all good advice.

Now what I strongly recomend is for you to start stacking up body panels. preferably the same color as your car otherwise your car will start to look like cat poop.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:31 AM
bored...

Originally Posted by buck19
God everyone is so anal. You should all fall off a cliff! Hahaha, jk. No it's all good advice.

Now what I strongly recomend is for you to start stacking up body panels. preferably the same color as your car otherwise your car will start to look like cat poop.
agreed!
there are way tomany "cat poop" 240's out there
Old 03-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Turn 7 at Sebring

I <3 my multi-colored cat poop 240!
Old 03-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Banned

lol At Cory BUt Another thing is a Good set of Tire's and Wheel's. Oh and Cory I could own more then one car.