Drifting The art of going sideways

Why?

Old 05-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Shakotan/Hippari life.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All i have left to say is, i cant wait til i finish my drift car. i know most of you guys are pretty cool, but please, try to help the new people, help teach them how to keep it safe and smart. man, i cant wait til my car is done...

-'03 GSX-R 750
Old 05-08-2005, 07:29 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Originally Posted by RiceRocket
I don't hate....but I don't like comments that are negative when that person doesn't even get on the track. PUT UP OR SHUT UP. It's that simple.

Other than that....benchdrifters are fine in my book....
And like I said, its the 'negative comments' or sarcastic remarks that I do not like from benchdrifters. I have no problem helping out, ask Hoonta. I even gave him the keys to my car at the last event and I let HIM drive it for a lap. Don't forget, Hoonta has a stock KA, welded diff, and springs....and I gave him the keys to my SR20det beauty? YEP.

While many in this forum 'seem' to be keyboard hardasses, they really are not. Once you get to know them IN PERSON, than you see how they really are, but till then, they don't know you, and you don't know them.

So ask away for technical questions, and for advice, etc.... but if you don't hit the track...than you have no room to make judgements.

Perfect example: DDAY6. Somebody brought out a SC300. Sweet car. I actually went into the crowd to see how he would do. It was his very first event....and he took his time, and wasn't up to the crowds 'expectations'...and this 'crowd' included a few TR members. They boo'd him, they said 'get off the track', but you know what? It was his first time, and he wasn't in teh peanut gallery, he was on the track. That person has the right (in my eyes) to come on here and say what he wants (within reason). He had the balls to go out there. I give him proprs, and hope he comes out again.

If you think the forum members are asses.....the crowd is 10x's worse.

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 05-08-2005, 07:31 PM
kings cannot fall.

Originally Posted by hachibill
wow, someone needs some therapy.
not to mention grammar lessons.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Shakotan/Hippari life.

ok, well when i get my car done, and i go out and drift in front of you guys for the first time ( not MY first time, just in front of a crowd ) i hope i dont hear that shit, i dont see why people have to hate. seriously the guys was driving a fucking sc300, i saw the pics. those are heavy, have bad steering angle, and arent the best cars for drifting, but he got out there, and people boo'd him, thats so gay. they should have offered advice, given their input.

-'03 GSX-R 750
Old 05-08-2005, 07:42 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Originally Posted by preludeSi
but he got out there, and people boo'd him, thats so gay. they should have offered advice, given their input.
I do believe Matt was riding shotgun....

and yes....get your car, finish it, and show us what you've got. I am so tired of hearing people talk about 'how well they can drift'. I have a car setup for drift, I goto several track days, and I still suck at drifting. Nothing is more irritating than kids saying 'I can drift', but never prove it. Talk is cheap.

And this is the same no matter where you go. I'm also tired about hearing about 'your boys' 10 sec street car. Bring it. (<---not directed towards anybody in general).

Old 05-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Shakotan/Hippari life.

well charles, that sounds like a call out. so when i get my car done, i will show you "what i got". until then, i really wont be talking about it, cuz i too hate when people talk shit but never prove anything. thats why noone on here even knows what the hell im working on. except for one person now that i think of it.

-'03 GSX-R 750
Old 05-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Shakotan/Hippari life.

i also never said i was the best at drifting either. I know that i have quite a bit to learn still, and im willing to learn, take my time, practice ( in a safe environment ) and get to know you guys better. but until then, i think im done talking about me and my un-finished car

-'03 GSX-R 750
Old 05-08-2005, 08:05 PM
truck motor>joo

i also never said i was the best at drifting either. I know that i have quite a bit to learn still, and im willing to learn, take my time, practice ( in a safe environment ) and get to know you guys better. but until then, i think im done talking about me and my un-finished car

good move. see you at dday dude!

www.floridadrift.com
Old 05-08-2005, 08:09 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

well charles, that sounds like a call out.
I have a very good friend that has a 91 Civic hatch that probably has one of the best suspension setups in Florida, but you know what? He would never go Auto-Xing.... He would sit there and talk about 'taking this corner' and about how 'if he were to go auto-xing', how he'd tear it up, etc. He even went to some events to watch...but continued talking shit. Finally, I gave him a ride in my Integra Type-R at an SCCA event. After that 60 second run (as a passenger), he had a new respect for what auto-xing is all about. He doesn't talk shit anymore.

'Drifting' on a track is 100x's different than drifting on the street. On the street (or parking lot)...only YOU know when you pulled off a drift the way you intended...nobody else knows. If you spin out, or go wide, or miss your turn, your passenger has no clue what you intended...the location is usually 'open'. On the track though, this is not the case. There are definite lines. Turn 1 in Ocala can either be your best friend, or intimidate the hell out of you. The thing is, when you miss the line, you know it, and so does everybody else. It's hard to hide it there. People like JAy, Matt, Rob, Bill, etc have mastered the track, but alot of people have not.

so if you want to consider it a call-out, than that is your choice, but unless you are going to donate a car for me to drive, I may not be able to join you. (of course....I could 'borrow' Hoonta's spare 240 )

Charles

Old 05-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Shakotan/Hippari life.

it wont be for a while though...lol i wont finish it til at least sometime after i get back from basic..i leave june 1 so sometime after that ill be at every dday see you there man

-'03 GSX-R 750