Drifting The art of going sideways

I got my tires mounted for FREE!

Old 02-21-2005, 07:52 AM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my tires mounted for FREE!

Well, since the word is gonna come out sooner or later (Mars_302 will be posting pictures soon), and most of you already know, I'll break the silence.

Cliff notes down below...

We had a 'private' track day this past weekend. We were warned that we would run out of Energy, Tires, and Gas. Well, close. I was alomost out of energy, I had enough gas, and even though I brought 4 BRAND NEW TIRES.....I just about ran out of them.

So here I am with horrible camber, and the tires are wearing the inside badly. I figured that I'm screwed, and the tires are shot. Than along comes Matt. Matt tells me 'no problem', we'll just swap them left to right (directional tires). Enjuku Racing had brought there tire machine with them. I asked how much for this service, and he replied "free". HUH?!?!!? FREE????

Okay...now I feel special, but you know what, they extended that courtesy to everybody there. I dropped off my 2 tires, mounted my other new tires....and went back to the track. Later on, I came back to my pit, and my tires were waiting...and just in time...I had to put them back on!

Enjuku Racing has made a new customer for life. BTW, this was the last event that I will probably be running Falken tires in the rear....per Matt's advice, I'm gonna move onto Kumho!!!

Thanks Matt, Estavan, and Enjuku Racing!

Cliff Notes:
Went to Private Track Event
Took 4 New Tires for Rear (Falken ZE-512's)
BAd Camber=Inside wear

Enjuku Racing swaps rear tires FOR FREE
I go back to the track, worry free!!!

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 02-21-2005, 08:01 AM
techno

cool

enjukus a great company
this is why jdm market does business with them
and matts a great guy despite what i think ( )

you make it seem like other people dont already know?! ha!
Old 02-21-2005, 08:02 AM
lifelong learner

HAhaha yeah dude, camber will do that to tires, but the beauty of having a tire machine is that it doesn't matter any more

I was happy to help everyone!
Old 02-21-2005, 08:32 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

thats cool and all but i still dont get why they turned dday into a private dday this time i was kinda pissed cause i did pre reg and all that day when it got cancled
Old 02-21-2005, 08:48 AM

Matt, Estevan, and Rob were all more hospitable than i could have ever imagined. and between the DG Crew, Enjuku Team, and the OGP track staff and all the drivers it couldn't have been a better event. i packed more crap than i thought possible into my car (1 full set of wheels with tires and another 4 spare tires) and made the 6 hour drive from atlanta hoping that Matt wasn't messing with me about having a tire machine there and those guys delivered on that promise and then some. as i've already told matt several times i can't thank you guys enough for all the help this weekend. between the tire machine and getting me back onto some good tires (always been a Kumho fan, just on their lower end models ), as well as the tech support on the phone when my alternator died on the way home you guys went far beyond my expectations.

as for the event itself, i hope we can do more events in this format. i liked the multi lap setup where we get to go full track and use the oval . really lets you go hot into turn 1 and carry some speed into the next few turns. i love the OGP track layout and it helps that the owner is cool as hell (who else would lett Vass take out their CTS-V with the traction control turned off?). can't wait for the next event.

cliff notes:

Enjuku rocks
I <3 Kumho tires
My car broke
OGP is fun
Old 02-21-2005, 08:55 AM
Captain Catastrophe

Originally Posted by Philly Blunt
thats cool and all but i still dont get why they turned dday into a private dday this time i was kinda pissed cause i did pre reg and all that day when it got cancled
There wasnt enough pre registered drivers. I turned it into a limited private day (10 drivers) because it costs me less on insurance and track rental. I'm sorry if it upset you, but we don't enjoy losing thousands of dollars like we did on DDAY5.

If you haven't received a refund yet, please feel free to email me and I'll make that happen for ya. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:02 AM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

I have just a little bit of footage of the CTS-V drifting when Jay was driving, but it's not great. My cameraman was running to get into position, and by then, Jay had shreeded the tires. I'll try to edit and host the little that I have...

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 02-21-2005, 06:31 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by Slow Kyle
There wasnt enough pre registered drivers. I turned it into a limited private day (10 drivers) because it costs me less on insurance and track rental. I'm sorry if it upset you, but we don't enjoy losing thousands of dollars like we did on DDAY5.

If you haven't received a refund yet, please feel free to email me and I'll make that happen for ya. Thanks.
i completely understand now i didnt know what really happend but thanks, now i know and i canceld paypall before it went thru so when is the next dday again? april something
Old 02-21-2005, 07:18 PM

damn guys... i bet it was nice to get alll those runs in huh we will be back in ocala in april

2001 Nissan Maxima GLE FORSALE.
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/3952387467.html

For sale: tool cart, air tools, welding stuff, sata jet RP digital spray gun + more
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/tls/3952277623.html

Quick Reply: I got my tires mounted for FREE!