Drifting The art of going sideways

Drifting Forum Rules Update - Everyone Must Read -

Old 01-24-2005, 06:19 PM
lifelong learner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drifting Forum Rules Update - Everyone Must Read -

A major overhaul is due for the Tamparacing.com Drifting Forum, and here is its outline.

The Tamparacing.com drifting forum was designed to discuss the motorsport 'drifting', and promote it throughout the greater Tampabay area. It was designed to take the already successful Tamparacing.com website, known for it's car enthusiasts, and allow a new section of the website designed to hold drifting discussion. A forum specifically designed for drifting would allow more and more enthusiasts of drifting to have a place they can call their own. At this forum's peak, drifting enthusiasts from all over the state of Florida would regularly monitor this forum's threads for vital information regarding drift events throughout the sunshine state. This same forum, however, is in dire need of help.

Starting at the time of this post, the following rules will be in place for the Tamparacing.com drifting forum:

All of the negativity needs to stop, and it will be. Just as your elementary teachers once told you, 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all," those same rules apply to this forum. Don't make fun of something, don't post those rude, sarcastic comments. You don't HAVE to, trust me. It does nothing but leave a bitter taste in the mouths of both parties. Doing this only hurts the forum, no matter how much you think it helps.

The newbie bashing, cold shouldering of, and general rudeness towards newcomers needs to stop. Now. Everyone started out at some point, nobody was born with the ability, no matter what you say. Drifting cannot begin in FL the same way it started in Japan. We have no mountain ranges, we have no 'touge'. We don't even have the same cars in the same type of setups that they have. The costs and consequences of getting caught are completely different, and the general level of knowledge about cars is much different between Japan and FL. Don't rip on someone new coming in to this forum, looking to Tamparacing.com for a source of information on how to safely drift and become a better drifter and driver in general. You should be happy that these people think we know what we are doing enough to trust the things taht we say in these forums. Making fun of them, telling them to leave, telling them that they are a newbie, or going to the gay bash solves nothing.

Stop with bashing people's cars, their mods, and their setups. Stop complaining about event costs, walls, and having to work late. Stop with the sarcasm. Nobody wants to hear about their wheels being the incorrect offset and how they are stupid for running them. Nobody wants to be told their setup is incorrect for drifting with a side order of attitude. Heck, I drift my bone stock 240sx on a daily basis without any problems at all, you don't need all of these mods for drifting. Just because someone works harder to put mods into their car than you doesn't make them any less of an enthusiast than you are. It is one thing to have a difference of opinion with what someone posts, it is another to disagree and present it in an abrasive way without explanation. I don't want to see it in this forum, it will do nothing to build this forum into what it at one time was.

Stop being elitests in general. If you disagree with someone's post, let them know in a professional well thought out manner. Don't just post homosexual blasts to them, what does that solve? What does that prove? That your vocabulary is quite small? Don't just quote someone and that's it. Ninety percent of the threads that I see quoted are sarcastic remarks. Sarcasm is 9 times out of 10 negative, so this means I had better see one hundred times less direct quoting. If you truly feel you need to quote someone, I had better see some good elaboration on the subject, as to help the progress of this forum.

We can, and will take drastic measures to ensure the success of this forum.

Thank you for reading this, and together we can build the Tamparacing.com Drifting forum into the largest, most informative drifting forum in the Tampa Bay area, with it's eyes set on becoming The drifting site in the state of Florida.

The Tamparacing.com Staff
Old 01-24-2005, 06:26 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

The fact that TR WILL NOT allow D G T R I A L S post is the reason that I venture over to FloridaDrift. Censoring of events is just plain stupid. Can we discuss this?

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 01-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Chomsky with dick jokes!

Originally posted by RiceRocket
The fact that TR WILL NOT allow D G T R I A L S post is the reason that I venture over to FloridaDrift. Censoring of events is just plain stupid. Can we discuss this?
+1

There are points in life where one looks at his or her situation and says "how the fook did i get here?" ... this is one of those instances....
Old 01-24-2005, 06:55 PM
kings cannot fall.

i mean, its gay and whatever.... but you can still go to florida drift.
so its not really a big deal.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:00 PM
lifelong learner

Any questions regarding commercial for-profit events can be forwarded to admin@tamparacing.com
Old 01-25-2005, 05:16 AM

I agree with you 100% Matt, this forum needs a drastic change to get it back to the technical forum it once was. I hate having to sift through 43 gay comments and personal bashes to get a piece of information. So...GOOD CALL ADMINS.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:00 AM
"the apex hero"

+1 matt.

I'm glad someone said it.

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 sedan expert.
APXRO: JZX100 Chaser "Odaiba Romance" 815HP/DG B1 2 overhauls. secret weapon
PM!: UCF10 Celsior "Jealousy" 810HP/DG B3 0 overhauls. vs battle car
Old 01-25-2005, 08:46 AM
5 Foot Fury

Good times. I might actually post in here again.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:58 AM
weezin the juice

Great Job! Its about time admins stepped it up. Now maybe we can much better answers when asking questions and such.

+1