Drifting The art of going sideways

Feint Drift-Best Option for Beginners?

Old 10-23-2004, 12:32 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feint Drift-Best Option for Beginners?

Curious to see if Feint Drifting is one of the better ways for a beginner to learn how to drift a car. I've never drifted intenionally before, and wanted to register for one of the up and coming events to practice, but wanted to go out and practice a little before hand so I dont completely waste my money. I havent done alot of research on drifting but I am looking around through the differerent sites for more info.

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 10-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Shoe Whore

Wait till it rains.. go out BY YOUR SELF or with a ride along friend who can give you tips etc. and find a BIG EMPTY parking lot OFF a main road and try it a few times..

Youll get the feeling of how it works..

thats your best bet.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:26 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Well, I've got the empty lots down and I have a few friends that are into drifting, but none that live anywhere near by, so that sucks. I have a decent setup to get me going, I'll just have to go out there and give it a try and see how it comes along. What I dont understand is, if driving is mainly sliding around corners in a controlled manner, how do you practice this in a empty lot thats has no turns? OR is the point of the lot to simply get a feel of how your car handles? I've done u turns and got the car sideways and pulled back straight, but that was for a second or two. Thanks so far for the info Mike.

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 10-23-2004, 07:19 PM
weezin the juice

feint is easy no doubt, but what i think it comes down to, is what you like doing. What do you find the most effective/funnest? Im personally a fan of the good ol clutch kick, a feint here and there as well...

As for practice...let it rain a little, go out with someone who can give you some tips or something. make sure you are in a secure location ::thats why they have dday, so you dont have to worry about this::

as for "blowing your money" it wont happen....people at dday will help you out if you ask for some hints or tips....
Old 10-23-2004, 08:46 PM
tire eater

sorry, feint is an adv technique... not 'easy' unless you arent really feinting. ebrake and clutch kick are the best beginner tools. they are both able to be varied, how hard you pull the ebrake, and how much rpm u feed the clutch kick. the overall EASIEST way to drift is to take the turn a lil faster than u should, and as u turn in, press the gas, if it pushes stop trying, if it breaks out then , YAY. this will work fine in wet weather at easy to handle speeds. get that down then add clutch and perhaps try the ebrake. feint is in the 'weight transfer' category and weight transfer is what makes most people spin out, because of too much lateral g's... unless your baby feinting, it wont be a good way to 'learn' as a new drifter
Old 10-23-2004, 09:21 PM
more class than college

all good responces

team v8 in the works. hold one tango.....
hot hot heat in the cup!!!
Old 10-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Shoe Whore

DO what works for YOU when I had a set up car I learned quickly how to use the Ebrake and clutch combo...

Feinting isnt that hard. Watch as many people as possible. Find your speed of learning and take it from there. You said you drifted for a few seconds, awesome. Now just build on that.. maybe next time give it a little more gas or try to hold it a little longer.. youll be there in no time. I still have alot to learn too.. I need to get back on the road.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:25 AM

I am just a beginner myself, and I have a really crappy clutch. What I do, is brake real hard at the last minute and and turn out from the corner and then turn in real hard, doing a weight shift. I found this to be the easiest for me. I've done braking drift a few times.... mostly unintentionally.... I'm not ready for that yet being that molten pad started flying by my window the other day... hah

ag04
Old 10-24-2004, 05:40 AM
Forever Broke Nissan

i learned ebrake on my honda. its easy but gets mindless. my 240 doesnt have a clutch and the rear brakes were warped. so i just started with power on in the rain. then when it started to dry within the hour i started to weight shift. to me weigh shift is easiest since i cant really use any other option.

Old 10-24-2004, 07:38 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Thanks for the info so far guys. I just checked out a few minutes of the Drift Bible International Edition(or something like that) and it gives me an idea on what I should try out as a beginner. Apparently I need to tighten up my ebrake before I get out there and start. Anyone up for going along for a ride sometime to show me some pointers

TR Profile
Myspace Profile