Drifting The art of going sideways

I can drift now! (fianancially speaking)

Old 10-19-2004, 11:15 AM
THE HAMMER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can drift now! (fianancially speaking)

***Cliffnotes at bottom***
This is only semi drift related, but I know most of you from this forum personally and I didnt feel like FFA'n this post.

I can finally participate in events now. I made a promise to my wife after we got married that I wouldnt do any drift events or automotive things until I landed a job. About 250 applications and 5 months later (I've been in the market for 12) I've finally landed a total winner.

As many of you know I've started flying to get my Private Pilots Liscense, it could be the best decision I ever made to go out on a limb and do it while I was already in debt, because it won me this job.

I work for Elite Simulations Solutions (www.flyelite.com). Basically we make realistic simulator hardware and software that sells to flight schools. All of the software and equipment is FAA Advanced IFR and Commerical/ATP certified so pilots can use flight time on this equipment in their ACTUAL logbook towards their liscenses. Its serious shit, costing $1,500 for the Desk model, to over $80K for the full size fully crewed King Air or Jet models like the one I am constructing tommorow. I am the new Technical support "go to" guy now, and am answering calls from flight schools all over the world who need tech support on everything from installiation to troubleshooting.

Basically I'm completely pumped, I've got my own office, my own business cards, my own 3 phonelines and free international calling, a huge parts department at my disposal, and a computer with 3 19 inch viewsonic monitors!

So anyhow, I'm going to jump in on the precision gear groupbuy, get myself some TC rods and Tie rods, and hopefully be active in D-day4 !!!

WOOT WOOT!

***Cliffnotes***
1. I got a job that is really cool
2. I can finally drift again casue I will have cash.
3. I will look like an idoit at D-day 4 in my ricer graphiced crap painted loud ass SOHC.
4. You all will laugh at me
Old 10-19-2004, 11:23 AM

congrats on the job man, sounds cool.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:28 AM
THE HAMMER

yeah, i'm bouncing off the walls right now
Old 10-19-2004, 11:30 AM
SR20 power!

Congrats man, real happy for you.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:00 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

cool i need a better job
Old 10-19-2004, 12:17 PM
MASTER BREWER:HOT TEA

cool. Ill give you more info on the group buy as stuff comes up.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:29 PM
THE HAMMER

check out www.flyelite.com Zate. I can also take some pics tommorow if the boss lets me, I'm not sure how under wraps certain things are yet.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:02 PM
eats gunpowder

Default Re: I can drift now! (fianancially speaking)

Originally posted by Slash
3. I will look like an idoit at D-day 4 in my ricer graphiced crap painted loud ass SOHC.
4. You all will laugh at me
I'm the dude with the 2nd Gen minty green CRX with the ******** decals - can't get any more ricer looking than me.

BTW - I can drift my car, albeit FWD

BTTS, STFU&D
Old 10-19-2004, 06:57 PM
THE HAMMER

Hey its all good. I dont think I will do too bad, and I learn fast, its just that I havent been drifting since January, back then I could complete 4-5 point combos when the start of the course (first 2 turns) were wet, and I carried the moisture thru the track. Now i dont do it anymore because I really cant get better in the wet with a fully stock open diff car, I just lose speed eventually from one tire fire and have to stop (not a big clutch kicker with my crap stock origional clutch).