Drifting The art of going sideways

good tires

Old 05-05-2004, 08:52 AM
techno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good tires

wow, tell me 2 months ago that running high grip compound tires for drifting is the best thing to do and i would be like, well sir you are a fucking idiot.

but after driving a car with finely tuned suspension and roll cage... even with only 140hp.. with sticky ass 17's in the rear, it slides like no other1!!!

you have so much control with good rear tires, you can control your angle so much better, bring it back when u want to, and can u say manji at 65 mph (side to side down a straight) with fucking ease!! i mean shit.. like i wasnt even trying.

just some heads up to u guys who run junkyard tires in the rear.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:54 AM
5 Foot Fury

Yeah. I heard my ES100's are perfect for drift.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Crack Baby

I guess its tome to stop tire shopping at Cophers then
Old 05-05-2004, 12:05 PM
THE HAMMER

I'm still going to use junkers to start on dry land, and move my way up. This has worked before, and it keeps my operating costs down
Old 05-05-2004, 01:40 PM
bucket

wow....so having more available traction in the rear gives you more control? who would've thought!
Old 05-05-2004, 05:13 PM
lifelong learner

Originally posted by neurovish
wow....so having more available traction in the rear gives you more control? who would've thought!
John, for a long time I was thinking that the higher higher grip compounds would have lots of problems with breaking away immediately, and not having much time to correct and save, as well as also just make it very difficult to slide the car around.

I think this is what Evan meant to say
Old 05-06-2004, 04:42 AM
truck motor>joo

haha yeah, i remember when i met tony shultz a while back (black s14 that was rippin up dday1) he was teaching me about all that. much greater control, but it just sucks they burn away so fast, they get expensive quick. i have to run used tires or i cant run period... you and your damn sponsorship! grrrr!

regina, i would try out those es100s first, i burned through a pair at dday and i just didnt like them in the back... excellent tires for keeping traction, but the breakaway just isnt predictable enough for me.

www.floridadrift.com
Old 05-06-2004, 05:01 AM
5 Foot Fury

Originally posted by agemomai
haha yeah, i remember when i met tony shultz a while back (black s14 that was rippin up dday1) he was teaching me about all that. much greater control, but it just sucks they burn away so fast, they get expensive quick. i have to run used tires or i cant run period... you and your damn sponsorship! grrrr!

regina, i would try out those es100s first, i burned through a pair at dday and i just didnt like them in the back... excellent tires for keeping traction, but the breakaway just isnt predictable enough for me.
I have them on my car right now. Well, you know that because you pointed it out in Miami. Hahaha. I love them for grip. I can't use them for drift because they are my daily driving tires or auto-x. Once I have money I dunno what I'm going to try, I just heard that about them. Thanks for the info, though!
Old 05-06-2004, 05:13 AM
Has dyslexia and A.D.D

so even wanna hook me up with some nice stick 215/45/15 tires for the back for ddayII.....c'mon funkmaster

Originally Posted by osama tim laden
you sound upset.
not enough time starring into the mirror telling yourself how awesome you are today?