Drifting The art of going sideways

Dday Ii : Drifting Invades Primus - **may 22nd 2004**

Old 04-06-2004, 05:53 AM
lifelong learner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dday Ii : Drifting Invades Primus - **may 22nd 2004**

You wanted drifting to come back to the Tampa Bay area, and We're making it happen again!! Kyle, Erik and Myself have all been working our tails off to get drifting closer to those who are actually participating in the events!

Here are the details:

DATE: MAY 22ND 2004
REGISTRATION AND TECH: 8AM-930AM
DRIVERS MEETING: 945AM
DRIFTING: 10AM-4PM

SPONSORED BY:
- Secret Services
- Z Fever
- Automotive Engineering
- Advance Performance Wheel & Tire
- XAT Racing

Primus is a REAL track, it is actually a Go-Karting facility, but cars have run on it in the past, and it has been a wonderful success. Incase you were wondering whether or not the track is TOO narrow for people to drift on, allow me to retort. Keep in mind a picture is worth a THOUSAND words.

ADMISSION FOR PARTICIPANTS: $75 / Driver PRE REGISTRATION --- $90 Day of Event. We HIGHLY reccomend getting everyone pre registered, as well as come by Secret Services or other locations to get your cars once-over'd. This way you will know what you need to meet tech requirements, which we hope to accomplish quickly and safely the day of, to increase the track time for YOU, the avid drifter.

Bring a helmet!!! There will not be loaner helmets for people, and we can't have people waiting in line, but not being able to run because their helmet is being used by someone else this time around! We've teamed up with Automotive Engineering at US19 and Ulmerton, and they are selling helmets that regularly cost $100 at $85 if you speak to Guy and mention the Primus drift event!

ADMISSION FOR SPECTATORS: $5 Each. Children under 5 are FREE. Senior Citizens (50+) admitted FREE.

Primus is a brand new facility, so we are going to emphasize cleanliness and respect towards the track, it's workers, and the local environment. Any goofing around, horseplay in the pit area, and otherwise disrespectful behavior will NOT be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the facility with no refund. There will be Manatee Sheriff's Deputies on site to ensure a safe and fun event for everyone.

This time around we will have a full vendor midway where local shops can set up a tent and small booth where they can tell you a little bit about their business and the services they provide. They may even give out prizes to those that are doing exceptionally well on the track!

This event is NOT going to be a competition, rather an Open invitation to anyone wanting to get more seat time in a safe legal environment for drifting. The track will consist of 9-10 turns that are easy enough for a stock 240sx to slide, but technical enough for the highly modified skilled driver to link (hint: combo) the entire section.

Parking is ample, but limited, so we reccomend carpooling for the spectators. We want you out there, but we don't want you to have to austin powers your car in order to get a parking spot!

This time around Tandem drift will only be permitted by those that have the required safety measures (Roll Cage), so please, if you plan on drifting with someone else, make sure both of you have the required safety precautions. DGTrials is an Autopower dealer, and they sell cages at great prices for people!

There will be a best of the best showoff at the end of the day consisting of the 5 best drivers from throughout the day. This will be a 15 minute full track exhibition as kind of a reward to both the spectators and the drivers who have been tearing it up all day. Guys that are good: Be sure to save a pair of tires for it!!!

We will be announcing the sponsors as they register, as well as the participants!! It's up to you guys, the drifters, to come out and have a blast at DDAY 2, We hope to see all of you out there!
Old 04-06-2004, 06:46 AM
techno

finally dont have to keep my mouth shut anymore..

lol... this stuff is gonna rock, and my grandparents can get in for free.

also there will be a person there to sell, mount tires.. just to let you guys know..
Old 04-06-2004, 06:58 AM

YEAH! Thats what I'm talking about! I've been dreaming of going back there sence the sunriders track day! I can also confirm it is driftable Preregister folks! This track is awsome and this event WILL sell out!

-Jeff
Old 04-06-2004, 07:03 AM
Captain Catastrophe

heres a quick preview of the intended track layout.

Old 04-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Gumbo

Someone will be there to sell tires? New ones? Used ones..? They will also mount them and pump them up with air?
So if a set I bring is toast, I can rely on this guy to hook me up with a new set?
Old 04-06-2004, 09:02 AM

I knew I should have copyrighted that map!

Looks awesome, guys. The section of course you've chosen should be excellent for drifting and VERY challenging. Starting and finishing where you are looks safe, too.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:09 AM
i wanna go fast

ants will attend in full force. looks like a great event!
Old 04-06-2004, 09:26 AM
techno

thats what selling and mounting means graves
Old 04-06-2004, 09:57 AM
Still Addicted to Boost

damn, i definately will be ready for this one , looks like it should be lodes of fun....nice job to matt and the guys to getting this well thought out plan together> cant wait
Old 04-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Captain Catastrophe

Originally posted by Loren
I knew I should have copyrighted that map!

Looks awesome, guys. The section of course you've chosen should be excellent for drifting and VERY challenging. Starting and finishing where you are looks safe, too.

BTW Thank you Loren for giving us the track and contact info for Primus, you're awesome....can we expect some tire burning action coming from the miata on the 22nd?