Drifting The art of going sideways

D1 4-4-4 orlando whos going?

Old 03-18-2004, 03:39 AM
"ultimate lurker"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D1 4-4-4 orlando whos going?

whos going to the D1 on the 4-4-4 in orlando? just wondering (funky date by the way)
jeff
Old 03-18-2004, 03:48 AM
techno

is it only a spectating event? with all these events coming up, i am worried because i will not have enough money.. i will go most likely.. but isnt that only 2 days after the event in miami.. holy shit.. lots of stuffs.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:05 AM
"ultimate lurker"

umm *consulting acticle* doesnt say really I would assume, but it may not go through...I guess it got cancelled awhile back, because of track ownership..but they say it should start up. But the article says oscala grand prix, 4-4-4, drift school, open practice, competition, national championship. www.usdrift.com so who knows now dammit, damn this article to hell. Its from the new april edition of import racer.
jeff
Old 03-18-2004, 05:06 AM
5 Foot Fury

I'm pretty sure all of that was canceled. We had a thread about Ocala in here and it had gotten canceled.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:27 AM
Forever Broke Nissan

so thats what happened. damn someone needs to get in contact with the new owner and try and get it set back up.

but at a later date of course.

Old 03-18-2004, 05:54 AM
Forever Broke Nissan

well i read a post on USdrift about the Apr event in ocala and that Apex Killer guy sounds like a real douche. his vagina hurts becaust 6 out of there 9 events this year were cancelled and he has the nerve to call the people who put together DDay idiots cause at first the DDay promoters said no FF, which was taken back considering the uncertain outcome of the event. granted we also cant use spjc cause they didnt know what drifting really was, but theres always the zephyrhills airport and such. maybe even the tropicana field parking lot and you know they need money cause the devil rays have really been slacking in the income department.

but i think our DDay event is prob more succesfull than just about any of the USdrift events and i probably wont be attending any USdrift events because of that dumbass attitude.

DGtrials should try and get something at the ocala track since USdrift couldnt and show them up.

Old 03-18-2004, 09:48 AM
truck motor>joo

Originally posted by buck19
well i read a post on USdrift about the Apr event in ocala and that Apex Killer guy sounds like a real douche. his vagina hurts becaust 6 out of there 9 events this year were cancelled and he has the nerve to call the people who put together DDay idiots cause at first the DDay promoters said no FF, which was taken back considering the uncertain outcome of the event. granted we also cant use spjc cause they didnt know what drifting really was, but theres always the zephyrhills airport and such. maybe even the tropicana field parking lot and you know they need money cause the devil rays have really been slacking in the income department.

but i think our DDay event is prob more succesfull than just about any of the USdrift events and i probably wont be attending any USdrift events because of that dumbass attitude.

DGtrials should try and get something at the ocala track since USdrift couldnt and show them up.

okay man listen up and figure out the facts before you start talking shit. mike deford (apex killer) is a really nice guy, and it pisses me off that just because shit isnt going through hes getting all this flak. theyre looking for the future of drift; this year as you have seen were not getting many events (through usdrift anyway) because theyre trying to keep all the sponsors around for next year. it sounds corporate and very, very gay, but if the events dont get the support that the sponsors are looking for they will cancel.

miami only had 16 drivers, were any of them from miami? even so, you cant have a national event with 16 drivers.. there are plenty of us who will give 300% of our money and time to see more drifting in florida, but not enough to satisfy usdrift. if the sponsors see that same lack of support the miami event had (although everyone who was there was very supportive, there werent enough spectators or drivers), they'll walk, and the "circuit" will be dead next year. it sucks, but there is a little bit of politics in everything.

as far as the comment about how DDay was stupid because no FF, you have to see things from his perspective. besides from driving several FF cars himself, he just saw 6 events get canceled because he doesnt think drift has enough support yet, even from the FF crowd. he said something about how like 80% of the import-part market is all for FF, and if we dont include them in events we miss out on good sponsors, deny a very, very large crowd any interest in driving or spectating, and quite possibly miss out on a few very good drivers. even if the promoters changed their minds about DDay, it was written in bold letters on the flyer that the event would be RWD cars and their drivers, which is how many people got word of the event.

As for ocala, the track is now under new ownership, and our event got canceled because the owner decided he didnt like the idea of people laying down ass-loads of rubber all over his pristine track. Even when i went to test it with the usdrift guys, there were only 2 drivers, tony and myself, and when we left there were a considerable number of thick, dark tiremarks. before we got there the owner didnt know what drifting was, or what it would do to the track, and now that its under new ownership things have changed. There will be no drift events there under any series.

also, its pretty obvious the guy isnt happy about having to cancel events, it would be pretty difficult to get excited about somethign like that. hes been in the game for a long time, and hes just trying to make everything perfect when they can finally start having huge events here...

www.floridadrift.com
Old 03-18-2004, 10:02 AM
bucket

The only reason the owners of the Ocala track let USDrift in in the first place was because grassroots motorsports was involved and they do a lot of testing at that track and knew the owners really well. I doubt DGTrials has such a connection.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:33 AM
"ultimate lurker"

damn.
jeff
Old 03-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Forever Broke Nissan

and what kinda turn out did dday have. i dont think most of them had a problem about the rwd only comment that was rebuted quickly. i mean 300 spectators. thats one hell of an accomplishment. auto-x doesnt even get stuff like that. we also didnt have huge coporate sponsorship like the drift atlanya event and i think the drift atlanta even wont be succesful cause its just a left - right chicane and your done.

DG Trials all the way.

i dont agree how or why mike deford hes bashing DG Trials and probably even a little bit of SS. that was just uncalled for. they had a successful event. I think the Miami Slide event didnt have enough notice, thats why i wasnt able to go and spectate. i already had plans. (i have to spectate for now till i do the 5 spd conversion and new motor).

also im not giving eric flak becuase of the 6 failed events. just giving him flak on how he is handling it with the bashing and all.

and as somone else posted in the same thread....

FF drift is a novelty and it gets real old real quick.

i dont want to see any fuck heads who think theyre going to take their moms camry to the event and be gay. 99.9999% of the FF guys only use the ebrake to do spectacular 180s at Sonic trying to be cool. though i learned how to use the ebrake for Rob and i greatly appreciate and have gotten tips from only drifters so needless to say im fairly good at it. but i dont want to take a whole day at a drift day for just as slidding. i would prob just want to make 2-3 passes and quit. thats why i bought a 240. cause i know ff just isnt as fun cause you can only hold the speed for so long before the rears grip.

sorry if i started rambling. no hard feelings i just think eric was being very childish in that thread and thats the attitud i dont like.