Drifting The art of going sideways

XAT racing performance

Old 02-05-2004, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XAT racing performance

My online friend directed me to XAT to get my sr swap done when the time comes. Last time I checked it was like $4k to have everything done to it and make the wiring look like stock again. I kinda wanted to get the swap behind me, so I can focus on other things, but a lot of people say that suspension should come first. I'll have enough money for the swap, but I'll also have enough money for a lot of suspension goodies.

It seems a little expensive, since you get full front clips for like $2500 if you look around, but I have no idea what has to be done in the process. I also had a few people tell me that i should install all the stuff I can buy in the engine compartment while the engine is out.

I noticed some of your guys' sigs have XAT racing, so you guys must have some affiliation with them. I just want some advice, because the summer and my small fortune in lawn mowing funds is going to be quickly approching.

ag04
Old 02-05-2004, 02:58 PM

depending on the condition of your engine (miles, wear and tear) it might be a good idea to stick with the KA at first and do suspension. This will also give you time to learn the basics of drifting using a less powerful motor and you wont have to tear up your new SR. and $4k seems a little high to me too...depending on what SR you are looking to get
Old 02-05-2004, 03:22 PM
Anti-Flag

You have to realize that is a front clip instalation and fluids etc .

Front clips arent cheap and neither is labor .

XAT does great work . You get what you pay for .

Suspension and a KA can only take you so far . You can do better with cut springs and an SR than with full suspension and a KA .

I would invest in a LSD and making sure your car runs good before deciding on the rest . Think about what you want to do with th car . Are you going to drift it ? O rthink about drifting it ?

If you want it to be multi purpose just do an SR , LSD , Suspension . A cheaper strut spring combo will hold up well as you progress through your skill level . The best mod is gonna be an LSD be it for Drag or drift .

Just have fun with the car .

If your going to post , please fucking think before you start talking out of your ass !
Old 02-05-2004, 04:00 PM

I'm certain that I want to participate in drift events. My car is in excellent shape, the KA has 110k miles on it, has a new stock clutch, and the engine runs good. I'm thinking of getting the KAAZ lsd as my first upgrade(should I get a 1.5 or 2 way lsd?). The order in which I get them in is what is important to me. I want a good multipurpose car, since I'll be driving it to school on a daily basis, and don't want a drift exculsive car, you guys know what I mean.

I don't particularly know where to practice at, but I have time since I don't even have my licence yet. Thanks for all the help, and any general tips and info would be treated as gold....

ag04
Old 02-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Anti-Flag

Learn to drive the open diff and slide it then for daily driving I would go with a 1.5way Kaaz . Its a much better daily driven solution because it doesnt lock up harshly when down shifting etc and braking .

Get lots of practice in on the stock car before modiyfying and you'll come out a much better driver .

If your going to post , please fucking think before you start talking out of your ass !
Old 02-05-2004, 05:18 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

No License....

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 02-06-2004, 03:29 AM

And by the time I will have my licence, I will have had $5k sitting around for 4-5 months. I would if I could, but I'm just too young..... (darn)

ag04