Drifting The art of going sideways

heal/toe braking

Old 01-03-2004, 11:48 PM
TR Registered Member #5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Slash
with large feet. rather than using your heel or toe.. i use the left side of my foot to brake, and then roll the foot rightwards to move the gas.. my heel stays on the ground/carpet.... works perfect in all the cars i've been beating the shit out of this week.... S2K.. MR2T... GS-R... 240sx... boxter....

i also wear size 14 wide..

exactly what i was gonna post. and im at a 13.5

Editor - Stangtv.com - Dragzine.com

2011 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed manual Sterling Gray Metallic - New Project Car
SCT SF3 - FRPP Adjustable Handling Pack - Vortech 597 RWHP 476 lb/ft - 7.5 PSI

1965 Mustang - Blow thru Dart SBF 427ci with a Paxton NOVI-2500
Hydraulic roller, 91 octane, 1030HP

Old 01-04-2004, 04:45 PM
THE HAMMER

yeah so far my rolling of the foot has worked in SW20, S2K, S13, S14, GS-R, Civic SI, FC, FD... blah blah... so yaeh it w3rkz fine
Old 01-06-2004, 06:49 PM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

people w/ small feet should be able to actually use the heel/toe method easier. all the videos i see of japanese kids driving keep the toe on the brake and tap the gas w/ their heel...

but, my ankle simply wont twist that way, i cant get it to do it... i just brake w/ half my foot on the pedal and roll my ankle to blip the gas w/ the outside edge of my foot. i wear a size 11. it works great, ive done it in a bunch of cars, but it works the best in my FC. the brakes are soo good in it, the friction point of my brake pedal travel is right about the same height as the gas pedal at rest... and my brakes are like a board, the harder i press on the pedal the better it brakes, but the pedal barely moves... so it stays at the same general height as my gas pedal at rest. 4 piston calipers Pwn you!

left foot braking is aight.... but thats ALOT of work, especially w/ you kicking the clutch in a car w/ an open diff

i like to heel/toe before i go into a turn and have it in gear rather than transitioning/shifting while mid-turn and upsetting the attitude of the car... that way i can either feint, power-off or power over... ive never really tried the clutch kickery method... even in my FC Base model...