Drifting The art of going sideways

Does anyone here actually drift...for real?

Old 12-27-2003, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everyone hits, and ahem runs OVER and hops curbs sometime or another

2001 Nissan Maxima GLE FORSALE.
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/3952387467.html

For sale: tool cart, air tools, welding stuff, sata jet RP digital spray gun + more
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/tls/3952277623.html
Old 12-27-2003, 02:04 PM
techno

Originally posted by Jonas
everyone hits, and ahem runs OVER and hops curbs sometime or another

WHO THE HELL DOES THAT SHIT?!?!?!

THEY MUST BE AWESOME!!! lol
Old 12-27-2003, 11:09 PM
Haul'n the Family

Originally posted by Jonas
heh iam sure you were not... ... i was reading his post thinking he was talking about the most recent autox
Yeah, I never said it was or wasn't a 240SX...and this occured several months ago.
I also don't think drifting or attempting to drift is really a good idea at an autocross event. It certainly is a good way to get tossed out of a event, I'd imagine. Drifting is all well and good in an empty lot or whatever, but the last thing I'd want to see is some newbie drifter sliding towards a bunch of course workers at an autox event.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:27 PM
Human GPS

that would be why people are actually trying to set up real "drift events" so that nobody has to worry about auto-x events and getting busted doing it on the street.

Old 12-28-2003, 01:20 AM
i wanna go fast

Originally posted by fastforward
Yeah, I never said it was or wasn't a 240SX...and this occured several months ago.
I also don't think drifting or attempting to drift is really a good idea at an autocross event. It certainly is a good way to get tossed out of a event, I'd imagine. Drifting is all well and good in an empty lot or whatever, but the last thing I'd want to see is some newbie drifter sliding towards a bunch of course workers at an autox event.

with anything there are newbies...it just happens. drifting is fine at some auto-x's provided it has wide enough sections to justify it. once the drift is started, you'd be surprised how controlled it can be. in the past we've all drifted in groups at locations, and even if someone spins out in front of you, its easy to go around them.

most of us do it because its fun, challenging, and we enjoy it every bit as much as the spectators do. to each his own.

to answer your post topic yes there are, and i did get some footage tonight. will be posted sometime tomorrow.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:45 AM
yea sweet lemonade

i hit fat chicks................with a bat! and drifting at auto-x's is fine, its just the tight wad assholes that make it not fine. what are yiou going to hit, a cone . wow thats horrible.
Old 12-28-2003, 02:56 PM

im sure we would have a lot more drifters if we had a place to practice and meet more experienced drifters.....its starting to grow though...soon enough we will
Old 12-28-2003, 07:06 PM

ermm 240hours... what is your screen name supposed to mean...if you are trying to sound like "military time" haha thats retarded... 0240 hours is the same as saying 2oclock hours.... its simply 0240.. just to let you know and not make an ass out of yourself by your sn...

2001 Nissan Maxima GLE FORSALE.
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/3952387467.html

For sale: tool cart, air tools, welding stuff, sata jet RP digital spray gun + more
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/tls/3952277623.html
Old 12-28-2003, 08:01 PM
lifelong learner

nope nobody!!

Old 12-28-2003, 08:35 PM
Haul'n the Family

Originally posted by hachibill86
its just the tight wad assholes that make it not fine. what are yiou going to hit, a cone . wow thats horrible.
The tightwad assholes have to be tightwad assholes so that the other 99% of racers can continue to race there without incident. It only takes one newbie "drifter" to spoil everyone elses fun when they slide out of control into a group of people and the autox events are all canceled.

Believe me, I am certianly infavor of seeing some actual drift events in central Florida...that would be awesome. It looks like it would be a lot of fun. Until then I would say, keep the tightwads happy and keep the over exuberant drifting to a minimum at the autocross.

BTW- Mattback....the kind of wrecklessness (is that even a word) depicted in that picture you posted is exactly what most of those tightwads are concerned about.