Drag Racing Don't like turns? Tech talk about drag racing and drag event discussions here

? ? ? King Of TR Race @ The Next Track Event ? ? ?

Old 05-21-2004, 04:23 AM
Livin' Large

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3 back to back runs is true street style, most true street cars(at least on this site) don't go 11.99 or faster, you've created a difficult class to fill. Let slower cars in, and I (and others I'm sure) will run, if not, allow a longer cool down period for the fast non-street cars. With the limited numder of cars, 3 back to back passes will heat them up quick, it's not like a true street event where there's 100 cars and you wait in line 30 minutes until your next pass.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:31 AM
i eat hamburgers

not sure what ill be running but if i pull a good enoph time i will run this pig until i blow it to smither-reens.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:32 AM
brings his heater.

Originally posted by bigB
not sure what ill be running but if i pull a good enoph time i will run this pig until i blow it to smither-reens.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Need To Get Quicker

I think there might be a better chance on getting some faster cars to enter the "King of TR" race if there was at least a little cool-down time between runs. I am planning on heading down with a friend to race his car since it's a real long shot that mine will be done in time. I know for a fact that we won't race in the class if we have to make back-to-back-to-back runs in his car. I'm sure we can do it, but it's not worth the risk of hurting the engine with all the heat that we see after a run. Also, as was said in another thread, what if someone pulls their chute? It's gonna take at least a minute or two to get it packed. What about NOS bottles? We can't get 3 full runs out of one 10 pound bottle. A few minutes to change bottles would be needed also.

Just a few thoughts on the subject.
www.fordspeedracing.com
Old 05-21-2004, 04:51 PM
brings his heater.

+1 with ts 25

i only have one bottle and i empty it on two passes, plus id perfer not to run back to back to back either.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Daddy-O

Joe, Mike Miller going to come down or someone else?
I mentioned a 30 min cool down period between runs if possible in another thread..
Give me a shout this weekend, I'll be around, going to try and get the rest of the little stuff taken care of on the car now that I have a little time.. First things first though, need to get the brakes bled so I don't have to put my foot through the floor Fred Flinstone style...
Old 05-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Need To Get Quicker

Yea, I am talking with Mike about going down. He is bringing his car in on Tues for a little work. Gonna install some 3.90 gears if they show up in time as well as a new master cylinder and a MSD Digital Programmable 7 box like the one we put in your car. We are also gonna put it on the dyno if we have some time.

Give me a call if you need any help. I am gonna be spending some time up at the shop the rest of the weekend doing a little porting/cleaning up of the heads for the new engine. With everyone's cars starting to come together, it's given me a little kick in the ass to get mine going. A year has been long enough.
www.fordspeedracing.com
Old 05-22-2004, 07:04 PM
R1Motorsports.com

Please don't change the format after I've already sent the entry fee in the mail. I have no problem running 3 back to back runs in the 11s. True street cars should have no problem running back to back. That is one of the reasons I signed up for this race. If you leave long cool down periods between runs, people could bring almost anything out to run then most of the street cars that are going to run will have no chance at all. I think if you give it a little more time the field will fill up.

90' Nissan 300ZXTT Pearl White Stage V 5sp
11.611@118.20mph SOLD

91' Nissan 300ZXTT Black Stage V 5sp
12.175@112.26mph on New motor w/low boost

97' Civic Hatch- Daily Driver
D16 w/ bolt ons, GT25R waiting to be installed

71' Datsun 240Z
All original
Old 05-23-2004, 05:27 AM
Need To Get Quicker

Djohn, I understand what you are saying. If Scott decides to keep the rules the way they are right now, then so be it. We'll have to roll with it.

I guess the only thing left to do will be to de-tune the car a little and run some mid 9's.
www.fordspeedracing.com