Drag Racing Don't like turns? Tech talk about drag racing and drag event discussions here

Fun Ford Weekend ?'s

Old 02-21-2004, 03:16 AM
Mullet Powered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun Ford Weekend ?'s

well as many of you guys know, Fun Ford Weekend is coming to gainville in June and i plan on participating in the event but i have never been to a real drag racing event or even been down the track to get a real timeslip although other people have driven my car down the strip. now i have a few ?'s for the guys that know track terms and thngs of that nature.

first off i plan on competeing the the E.T. bracket class of Street Ford or if that is impossible then i will have to compete in tremic street warrior but i will get killed in that class with my little bored over 289 w/o power adder.

http://www.funfordevents.com/index....&link=Rules_SFI
this is the link for the E.T. rules im curious about the 13.99 or less group as i dont have a drive shaft loop.

http://www.funfordevents.com/index....les&pos=0,20,12
here down at the bottom of the page where it says DRIVER CRUDENTIALS.MUST MEET HOST TRACK'S SANCTIONING BODY (NHRA / IHRA) REQUIREMENTS. Current valid FFW permanent numbers mandatory. wtf does this mean? permanent numbers?

any information that will help me to my drag racing victory will be much appreciated

also would like to know what classify's a mustang as a SN-95?
probably going to need a set of DR's for the track so i need to know what would be the biggest tires i can fit in my rear?

03 Gt - SOLD!

88 LX Coupe - 308 with a few mods...
Old 02-21-2004, 08:36 AM
Livin' Large

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can honestly say that you would probably have more fun running in the true street class. I participated in quite a few of those, and they are probably the most fun for a daily driven street car. Bracket racing sucks, and unless you are real serious about racing, any of the heads up classes are going to be too fast to compete in. True street is fun because you get to go on the (I think 30 now, was 50 mile when I did it) cruise, and then run 3 passes. You don't get eliminated, and you get to make a day of it instead of making the trip, spending the money, and going out in the first round. There are prizes for the fastest average in each second category (fastest 13 second, 12 second, 11 second, etc.) I remember one year coaching a friend of mine telling him where to lift so that he could take the fastest 11 second average, he ended up getting it with a 11.05 average His car ran consistent 10.80's, but that wouldn't have taken the 10 second bracket. When I ran my coupe, they only gave prizes for the 5 fastest cars, but I took second in Atlanta in either '97 or '98 (it's been a while) with a 10.79 average. Anyhow, do what you feel comfortable with, but I really think you'll enjoy the true street more than bracket racing or the super competitive heads up classes. Good luck whatever you end up doing, and put some stock tailights on before you go