Drag Racing Don't like turns? Tech talk about drag racing and drag event discussions here

BMP 1320 Feb 13th

Old 02-13-2004, 01:45 PM
PSSHHH x2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the reason it takes so long, is because it takes 10 minutes for 10 cars to run...honest to god about that...25 seconds to realize the line is moving and get back in their car...another 10 pulling into staging, another 5 to pull the ebrake, 20 spent trying to spin the tires to warm them up? another 30 or so trying to figure out how to not stage the rear tires, and then another 30 to get off the track.

i hate the tree, track prep, and morons out there. but its nice to run 13's in a 4cyl and feel like god.
Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...

Old 02-13-2004, 02:47 PM
The little 5.0 that could

It takes me a while to get my slicks smokey, but I do it as fast as possible.

I really hate watching fwd cars that are running mid 10s in the 1/8th drive through the water then do their ebrake burnout on radials and think it helps while ruining the track at the same time.

Ricers, don't pollute our tracks with your bullshit.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:37 PM

big bad i know the feeling...

2001 Nissan Maxima GLE FORSALE.
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/3952387467.html

For sale: tool cart, air tools, welding stuff, sata jet RP digital spray gun + more
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/tls/3952277623.html
Old 02-13-2004, 05:39 PM

once the cars launch there is a time that is posted on the board during their run... i assume that is their 1/8th time??

2001 Nissan Maxima GLE FORSALE.
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/3952387467.html

For sale: tool cart, air tools, welding stuff, sata jet RP digital spray gun + more
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/tls/3952277623.html
Old 02-13-2004, 06:08 PM
PSSHHH x2

the time posted on the board is their R/T....i know before at BMP at 1320 they would post the 1000' time during my run and thats how i was estimating my times with some slips i had.
Brocks megaphone
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Old 02-14-2004, 05:44 AM
Livin' Large

Originally posted by Sneakin Deacon
the reason it takes so long, is because it takes 10 minutes for 10 cars to run...honest to god about that...25 seconds to realize the line is moving and get back in their car...another 10 pulling into staging, another 5 to pull the ebrake, 20 spent trying to spin the tires to warm them up? another 30 or so trying to figure out how to not stage the rear tires, and then another 30 to get off the track.

i hate the tree, track prep, and morons out there. but its nice to run 13's in a 4cyl and feel like god.
Funny, but true. I actually like the tree idea, as far as the street racing theme, less chance of red lighting because you're not on a countdown tree, it's kind of like starting on a flashlight. But all the other bullshit really takes the fun out of it. I've been to like 2 of them (didn't believe it the first time, had to go again to make sure it was always like that ) One of the times I was there this kid driving his mom's jeep liberty is yelling and high fiving with his friend because he ran a 17.84, I started laughing and said "yeah, and I've got to wait in line behind you assholes" It was funny, because all these kids are walking by, looking at the Buick and laughing, wondering why the hell I was even there, when in all reality, I had alot more business there than half the cars running. Oh well, I'll quit ranting for now, it just sucks that a movie can fuck up the racing scene so bad, but I guess it's more important what's on your trunk, than under your hood
Old 02-14-2004, 06:18 AM
PSSHHH x2

one guy i raced in a galant was just unforgettable...every green light in the world was in his car...stobes, neons, he had EVERYTHING on, and blasting his stereo aswell...he went like 19.2 or something, have to check the video...and somehow we got back in line next to eachother again, i told him to turn all his shit off and turn the stereo off and he said "For every 100 dB my subs pump at the back of the trunk, i go .1 quicker", i had to tell him "for the 300lbs of useless shit in your car, your going .4 slower"...he did run better though, with everything off he went 18.8 he thanked me for that

you see anything out there....from SOHC Type R crx's, to JDM volkswagons...
Brocks megaphone
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Old 02-14-2004, 08:41 AM
Teamtuffguy

Originally posted by Sneakin Deacon
one guy i raced in a galant was just unforgettable...every green light in the world was in his car...stobes, neons, he had EVERYTHING on, and blasting his stereo aswell...he went like 19.2 or something, have to check the video...and somehow we got back in line next to eachother again, i told him to turn all his shit off and turn the stereo off and he said "For every 100 dB my subs pump at the back of the trunk, i go .1 quicker", i had to tell him "for the 300lbs of useless shit in your car, your going .4 slower"...he did run better though, with everything off he went 18.8 he thanked me for that

you see anything out there....from SOHC Type R crx's, to JDM volkswagons...
And I thought my 16 flat was bad.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:06 AM
Teamtuffguy

Originally posted by BigBadBuick
Funny, but true. I actually like the tree idea, as far as the street racing theme, less chance of red lighting because you're not on a countdown tree, it's kind of like starting on a flashlight. But all the other bullshit really takes the fun out of it. I've been to like 2 of them (didn't believe it the first time, had to go again to make sure it was always like that ) One of the times I was there this kid driving his mom's jeep liberty is yelling and high fiving with his friend because he ran a 17.84, I started laughing and said "yeah, and I've got to wait in line behind you assholes" It was funny, because all these kids are walking by, looking at the Buick and laughing, wondering why the hell I was even there, when in all reality, I had alot more business there than half the cars running. Oh well, I'll quit ranting for now, it just sucks that a movie can fuck up the racing scene so bad, but I guess it's more important what's on your trunk, than under your hood
I agree with everything you just said. F and F has seriously created this fake image about racing. Now every haole is hooking up their cars with these big, gawdy wings, putting an intake and exhaust on their cars, running slower times than mine and thinking they just qualified for the lemans or something .

Last edited by IdrvaAltima; 02-14-2004 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Bah, dammit I wanted to go out there Friday, wish I could've read this. I just wanna see what my car runs (somewhere mid to high 15s upwards), but don't wanna go on a day and see nobody there. Any fellow highschoolers planning out getting out somewhere Monday with no school, or NEXT Friday perhaps?

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote