Drag Racing Don't like turns? Tech talk about drag racing and drag event discussions here

Hot Rod magazine 'Pump gas drags'

Old 12-31-2003, 02:01 PM
The King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Rod magazine 'Pump gas drags'

Has anyone read about the race in this months issue? Hod Rod is sponsoring a race which is mostly like the other 'true street' races which other sanctioning bodies have run. Drive 30 miles and make 3 back to back passes. The fastest average time wins. The only twist is you have to run their 93 octane pump gas, no race fuel! This is an invitation only event. You have to send in an application and pictures. They are only picking 50 cars to race. January 30 is when they are posting the list. Yes, I sent in one the day I found out about it. I can only keep my fingers crossed to get picked. It should be quite a show.

Mark

http://www.hotrod.com/upcomingevents/113_0401_pump/

www.pcstreetcars.com
Old 12-31-2003, 02:45 PM
Livin' Large

I like that format, I took 2nd in a MMFF true street event years ago, and even though there wasn't much in the way of winnings, it was a lot of fun. I am going to send in my entry, I definately won't be picked for being fast, maybe for being a sleeper or something Maybe if some people from around here end up in it, I'll just go and watch.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:28 AM
Daddy-O

Man can they copy the MMFF True Street class any closer other than the pump gas?
Should be interesting none the less..
Old 01-02-2004, 07:33 AM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

I would love to see you in it Fast240.