Drag Racing Don't like turns? Tech talk about drag racing and drag event discussions here

Old school vs. bling bling???

Old 09-26-2003, 09:07 AM
I gota Cheby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HEY 240z You said 1987 well I'm so old I remember being out there in 1976, same thing, but back then it was also Tampa against St. Pete against Clearwater against Southside and then you mix in Ford vs Chevy vs Mopar it was a wonder anybody talked at all lol. Andel

Only 1/4 mile track I know is Gandy Bridge
Old 09-26-2003, 04:13 PM
USMC

Originally posted by jesgsr
he said he could spank you andy.even with the nos.
you're ghey
TR happily married crew-member #2

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:50 AM
I have O.C.D.

Originally posted by accord95
you're ghey
if i am gay will you blow me? thanks corey
Old 10-04-2003, 09:59 AM
The King

Originally posted by Zman
HEY 240z You said 1987 well I'm so old I remember being out there in 1976, same thing, but back then it was also Tampa against St. Pete against Clearwater against Southside and then you mix in Ford vs Chevy vs Mopar it was a wonder anybody talked at all lol. Andel
I was talking to Floyd and Monza Scott and they said hi. Still have the Camero?

Mark

www.pcstreetcars.com
Old 10-04-2003, 10:12 AM
Run Mashimaro!

Any car is good as long as it's not all rusty and puffing out deadly smoke. A well maintence car is good, doesnt matter old or new in my book. I only hate people that are arrogant and @$$es and brag alot, I can't stand that...hope those people get their cars taken away for all that trash talking some day!
Old 10-04-2003, 10:31 AM
The King

Originally posted by FordMan
I agree the average speed of all cars are greatly improved over the old ones but there will never be any replacement for displacement no matter how many blowers, turbos, etc. you hang off the newer cars.
Scott,

Sure the old cars are fun and big motors are great, but there is a point when it is nice to have something fast and quite. The first time I realized how nice newer cars can be was sitting in a new ZR1 Corvette. I think that's the right one, 32 valve? Fast and reliable, quite and smooth. That car was faster than what I had at the time and it pured like a kitten not like the 240Z now.

It makes me think about how nice it would be to have fuel injection and a turbo on the Z. Crazy fast and reliable, what a combo?

Mark

www.pcstreetcars.com
Old 10-04-2003, 09:46 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Originally posted by Fast240Z
Scott,

Sure the old cars are fun and big motors are great, but there is a point when it is nice to have something fast and quite. The first time I realized how nice newer cars can be was sitting in a new ZR1 Corvette. I think that's the right one, 32 valve? Fast and reliable, quite and smooth. That car was faster than what I had at the time and it pured like a kitten not like the 240Z now.

It makes me think about how nice it would be to have fuel injection and a turbo on the Z. Crazy fast and reliable, what a combo?

Mark
Consdering a turbo setup, now? Crazy.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:16 AM
The King

Originally posted by Jordan Y.
Consdering a turbo setup, now? Crazy.
Yea, but first I have to start by changing over to fuel injection. After I figure out FI I will start to change over to a turbo setup. I hope forced induction will push the car much faster than I can make it go with just nitrous. We are talking about a year from now for all this. Going fast takes time and money. I have time but I am running low on money.

Mark

www.pcstreetcars.com
Old 10-05-2003, 11:58 AM
357 monster

Mark,if you need help with the turbo stuff let me know.I know the right people to help you out.Its not all that hard its just the money.