Drag Racing Don't like turns? Tech talk about drag racing and drag event discussions here

What is the distance?

Old 08-22-2003, 04:41 AM
The King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What is the distance?

I would like to hear from anyone who has accurately measured the quarter mile you know where? I have read about other people on the other thread talking about using GPS to get an accurate distance and I would like them to step up and tell their story.

I now know the distance which was raced, but I want to hear from others first. Sure Floyd is my friend and everyone is going to think I have a vested interest in saying it was not long. So I want to hear from those of you who have walked the distance like I have with an accurate measuring device and not drove it in a car which reads 528 feet at a time.

Please just post facts about how you did it and what you used. Don't go off with a load of opions and name calling. I know there are a lot of people how want this put to rest one way or the other. Also I don't want this tread locked out. We need a forum to settle this. So please keep it to the facts, there are 20 years of losers wanting to know if they should be asking for a refund on their illegal street race.

Mark

www.pcstreetcars.com
Old 08-22-2003, 04:52 AM
Emeritus

Yes, enquiring minds want to know.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:25 AM
I have fuzzy eyebrows

we are still waiting on the GPS thing to get here. It was sent from Texas.

if it's cheap & reliable, it ain't fast, if it's fast & cheap, it ain't reliable, if it's fast & reliable, it ain't cheap
Old 08-23-2003, 06:14 AM
The King

Please someone measure this thing before tonight.

Mark

www.pcstreetcars.com
Old 08-23-2003, 07:58 AM
Daddy-O

I know this place where they have it measured very accurately...

it's Called BMP...
maybe you guys should just line up there for the $$$ so there will be no questions or excuses...
Old 08-23-2003, 08:45 AM
The King

Originally posted by Strokd85
I know this place where they have it measured very accurately...

it's Called BMP...
maybe you guys should just line up there for the $$$ so there will be no questions or excuses...
That is fine with me, but some people want to only race on the street. I have no problems with that and if someone only wants to play on the street then that is up to them.

Mark

www.pcstreetcars.com
Old 08-23-2003, 02:31 PM
Daddy-O

not sure what the difference would be other than maybe the required saftey gear for the two cars isn't up to spec?
I meant to through some smiley's on that last post to indicate large amounts of sarcasm, but in all seriuosness if people are arguing over distance run, take it to a place where it's a known and not an "estimated"...
Old 08-24-2003, 07:51 PM

We would like to come up this week and measured the place as well. We will post what we find

WOW the track guys are at it again......... OH please do not kill this thread to.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:23 AM
Hired Muscle

What we all could be overlooking is the fact that they could have started from the wrong marker. According to Floyd, the marker they started from was a gap in the cement guardrail and that's where all the cars started from to measure THAT particular race. I'm not ruling out the chance of human error on that part. We will find out soon though.