go kart racing

Old 05-14-2010, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default go kart racing

I have 2 kt100 karts. 100cc motors. I can't find any classes in the tampa area. where can I race. East bay says I need 5 carts to start a class. anyone want to get together and form an open class. i'll race anything out there as long as I get track time.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Driver

Have you checked Dirt Devils in Land O Lakes?

Dirt Devils HomePage
Old 05-15-2010, 08:21 AM

yes. They dont have a 100cc class. closest track to here that offers that class is in wildwood. I went to east bay raceway and they said I can run there but they won't give trophies or keep points unless there are atlest 4 carts in the class. But I can run them there.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:12 AM

Your kart isnt set up to run dirt oval, thus there arent any of those at the local dirt tracks. Ive been running dirt track karts for bout 11 years. Dirt devils, eastbay, fruitland, none of em are going to have anything to offer you. I would start looking more at roadcourse (pavement tracks) especially since i believe that your kart is a straightline and not offset like the oval karts are. I would look towards ocala and desoto runs once a month on sundays. Its called tri city kart club. I would also hit up www.4cycle.com and select forums, then start browsing through your track selections, classes, and so on from there. Lots of good info and helpful people there. However their are a few open classes running around the area on the dirt tracks... And some big money races for them as well. Just get in the loop and you'll learn more than you thought you could bout them lil things

Tampa Bay Rotary Owners Club Member # 4
Team Decep!
you never saw it coming
Old 05-16-2010, 11:48 AM

thats why these karts were so cheap. there isn't anywhere to run them.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:55 AM

Well it looks like after having issues at desoto they have moved to citrus county. Here is the website http://www.tricitykartclub.com/homepage.html and are the contact numbers http://www.tricitykartclub.com/contactus.html. These guys will get you going in the right direction. Ive run a few times with them in the sr champ, and they are great guys out for the love of the sport. Keep me informed as to how it goes.

Tampa Bay Rotary Owners Club Member # 4
Team Decep!
you never saw it coming

Last edited by NI_racing; 05-17-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by NI_racing
Your kart isnt set up to run dirt oval, thus there arent any of those at the local dirt tracks. Ive been running dirt track karts for bout 11 years. Dirt devils, eastbay, fruitland, none of em are going to have anything to offer you. I would start looking more at roadcourse (pavement tracks) especially since i believe that your kart is a straightline and not offset like the oval karts are. I would look towards ocala and desoto runs once a month on sundays. Its called tri city kart club. I would also hit up www.4cycle.com and select forums, then start browsing through your track selections, classes, and so on from there. Lots of good info and helpful people there. However their are a few open classes running around the area on the dirt tracks... And some big money races for them as well. Just get in the loop and you'll learn more than you thought you could bout them lil things
I am now starting this extreme sports indoor go karting south florida. and your suggestions is very much applicable on me. Thanks for that.

Last edited by travisman; 07-16-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:59 AM

What's the address for this race track? Can seem to find it the website.