Damn rain!

Old 08-11-2009, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn rain!

So for those unfamilar with circle track racing, mother nature dictates alot of our ability to race throughout the summer months.... I run a traveling series right now, its called SECKs, South Eastern Champ Karts. I also have a few other projects in the works, but for the point of this we'll stick with SECKs...

We race at Citrus county, Charlotte County, Auburndale, and Orlando speedworld. The past 3 races at Charlotte county down in Punta Gorda have been rained out.... Thanks to mother nature, we are now in a bind for our points battle, as the drops we were allowed (worst 2 finishes dropped) are now gone and its all on the line Sept 19.... Seeing as im sitting in 2nd right now, it should be an interesting battle.

For those of you who are interested in learning more about SECKs, check out www.secksracing.com

Or you can drive out to Citrus County this saturday for our next race.

SECKs offers some of the best races at the track. Feature winners are often decided by inches, with multiple karts in mix. We try and keep our wheels on the ground, but occasionally... we do like sprint cars, and roll around a lil. Its great fun to watch, and even better behind the wheel. Check us out if you visit any of the tracks mentioned above.

For those of you circle track guys, who think karts are for lil kids... lemme pose a question for you...

How well would you be able to setup your car, without springs and shocks? Think you could get it to the front? We can

Tampa Bay Rotary Owners Club Member # 4
Team Decep!
you never saw it coming

Last edited by NI_racing; 08-11-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Once Ruled The World .l..

1st Posting & Poster ! ! !

Welcome & bring your friends...

TR
"Old Skool EF & DA Crews" Member #46
TR "Wagovan Club" Member #1
Old 08-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Driver

Originally Posted by NI_racing
How well would you be able to setup your car, without springs and shocks? Think you could get it to the front?
Not to be a dick, but quite well actually.

Considering you just took the two hardest parts out of the setup process...What's left? Ballast placement, tire prep, wheel alignments/caster/camber, steering?

I would be here all day listing the required steps to set up a dirt or asphalt late model...there's a good day of work to be put in before the car even touches the scale pads.

Not trying to take away from what you do because racing for a championship is hard work, but don't try to tell me set up on a go kart is complicated...