Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle Tech Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle

it lives!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2003, 10:58 AM
red ass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it lives!!!!!!

woo hoo!!!! it was very smokey whne it started but it seem to be much better after a trip around the block!

I still have some trouble shooting to do. it seems a little under powered atleast compared to the shadow, i double checked the timing belt it seems to be ok. I have few other things to look at and strtaighten out but it atleast is driveable now! no more pushing that bitch in and out of the garage!! not to mention the girlfriend will be happy not to have to share her car.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:03 AM

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2003, 01:14 PM
red ass

Originally posted by FearThe4Doors
yeah, cam timing off can make a big difference on power. And its kinda tricky to get right
yeah it looked like it was on but it's kinda hard to see if the two arrows are lined up with the lines on the cam caps.

i may take it off tomarrow and try again, i left all the covers off just incase this happened larry showed me a trick with string but i really don't remember it all that well.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Rod Bearing Eater

Congrats man, starting it up for the first time after heavy work is always the most rewarding

My trick is putting the timing belt on before I put the engine back in. But unfortunately that only works if you take the whole engine out

Although it seems most people prefer to put it on after the engine is in the car.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:50 PM
red ass

hmmm...iok i have triple checked the timing it is dead on as far as i can tell.

The car idlles fine, not high, not rough purs like a kitten.

One thing it is doing is when you first start it up it has almost no power at all as it warms up it seems to run a little better( more power) There is almost no power though like if it was the timing there would be other isues i would think.

A suggestion i got from afriend is possably the cat is clogged? has anyone ever had a cloged cat? what happens when it is clogged?

im going to post this on td.com too after dinner

thansk as always
Old 03-16-2003, 10:09 PM
Eat soot

cat? turbo car with a cat? what? remove after inspection what?