Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle Tech Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle

Best car you've ever driven????? *thread*

Old 01-04-2003, 05:05 AM
a.k.a. NeonDan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best car you've ever driven????? *thread*

i drove a 96 911 Turbo briefly last year and was very very terrified to say the least but was close to being on the top of my list ...thing is i never left 1st gear nor did i go past 3krpm 8O ...instead i will have to ring in that the number two spot to the Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury. By far the second best thing i have ever driven simply because this car doesnt try to fool you with false pretenses it just does what you you want when you want in a fashion that just mind boggles. Take for example the fact it uses a 4.3L VVti quad cam V8 that produces 290hp but has to lug nearly 4000lbs yet this thing moves like its got closer to 400hp. Downshifts are wickedly masked by what appears to be a hesitation but if you look carefully at the tach you'll notice the needle sweep way back across the tach and you better beleive that when that electronically controlled transmission phases that gear in your body just suddenly gets pushed deeper into the buttery leather seats Lexus are known for while managing to be way quieter than a stock 2nd gen at idle while doing so 8O . Surprisingly the car even with Laser assisted cruise control, navigation system (w/ voice recognition..my favorite toy "Go home"..."Are you sure you want to go home"..."Yes"..."Please proceed to the highlighted route and the voice guidance system will begin"), heated and air conditioned seats, icebox, reclining rear seat, rear window shade, parking assist, powered rear side window shade, rear audio controls, mark levingson (killer...clarity is wicked and the cabin is so quiet you hear EVERYTHING! the speakers put out) stereo system and a host of safety features is still very very user friendly. For near $70k i know its not the cheapest thing out there. If you want to get the same experience in a Lexus for less buy/drive a Lexus GS430 L-tuned...it handles, it goes fast and looks good yet still has a full warranty, this car is a dream (my dream). Basically Toyota/Lexus and yes TRD started out with a GS400 from a few years back and totally/throughly revisited this car from nose to tail and although it has minor exterior changes this car is a wolf in sheepskin. Stock a GS430 will run a 14.0 yet still pamper you with its Lexus qualities but where the good gets better is when you add TRD's Stage 3 L-tuned package (body kit painted to match, 18 inch wheels/ tires, exhaust, quicker steering computer, performance struts and springs, thicker sway bars w/ bushings, L tuned badging and a hefty price tag but lets not go there). The GS430 takes a deep tone in L tuned trim, are more wicked and rides damn near like its on rail for a Luxury car....sure its no M5 stomper but man this thing really comes close to perfection as far as im concerned. I have yet to see an L tuned owner add an intake to a GS430 but these things really really like em, i had a chance to drive a stock GS430 with a CAI...when this thing hit VVti in the higher revs from a rolling ehhh 15mph stint it actually got squirly , made some wicked orchestra music to my ears and put a nice smile on my face after i nearly crapped myself from the mere shock...in a stock GS430 it was that much fun..hmmm i wonder what i'd be like in a L tuned??. Cant wait to see Lexus bring the TTE tuned IS430...307hp 4.3L V8 mated to a buttery smooth 5 speed auto in an IS300...nuff said...No guys i dont work for Lexus anymore havent for a year almost and keep in mind that when i was there i was the laughing stock because i chose Neons as my mode of transport but that all changed when my stock 2001 ACR gave a coworker's stock 02 Is300 a good lesson in why cheap doesnt always equal slow .
Old 01-04-2003, 08:31 AM
Rod Bearing Eater

Hmmm lets start with the cars I have driven in my life time

3 different Hyundais
Mercury Villager
Tow Truck
Suburban
Caravan Sport
Aries
El Camino
302cid Station Wagon

Nothing realy spectacular on that list, hell I have never even driven a turbododge let alone ride in one
Old 01-04-2003, 05:07 PM

My Challenger, why? because it's the fastest car I've ever driven.