Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle Tech Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle

Need some advice on rebuilding my GLH-S

Old 08-21-2002, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice on rebuilding my GLH-S

I have a GLH-S that has a blown the engine. I will need new rings and pistons. What is the best rings and pistons for running 20 to 25 psi. The engine is 030 over.

I am also thinking of changing the car to Automatic, does anyone know how to do this and any certain parts that would be needed to handle 300 hp?
Old 08-21-2002, 07:36 AM
Rod Bearing Eater

http://www.relentlessracing.com/ has rings which will probably be good for your application, although I don't think it really matters too much as long as they are turbo rings.

As for the transmission, your best bet is to find a turbo minivan with a 413. This is probably the beefiest of the stock transmissions for these cars. Or you can send any 413 off a turbo engine to Relentless Performance and have them do a stage II rebuild which is good up to 350hp.

Since you are planning on running over 15psi, do you have your fuel mods planned yet?
Old 08-21-2002, 10:06 AM

I know of Gary's site, He is the one I have gotten my stage 2 cpu and the complete rebuild kit, with a higher volume oil pump from.

Due to the the loss of Gus, Gary has shut down his shop for a while, so I can't pick Garys brain for ideas right now.

As far as the fuel mods, I have a RRFPR on order from Gary, I am not exactly sure what else I would need at this time, I plan on running 15 psi till I can get the engine back together and start on this automatic transplant.

What about axles when swapping this auto in, do they have to be different axles?
Old 08-22-2002, 04:59 AM

Hey jeff, Long time no hear. Mike said you got your car running, thats great!

I have pulled the engine out o the GLH-S, and going to pull it apart tonight, when I get off work.

Bigger drums and valve body work. What exactly do you mean? Bigger drum brakes? And Valve work, in the transmmison, like shifting valves?

Where can I find a site on this stuff, or is Garys site the best for this info?

Maybe you can come by and laugh at this piece of shit.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:54 AM
Rod Bearing Eater

Originally posted by "Levi"

Bigger drums and valve body work. What exactly do you mean? Bigger drum brakes? And Valve work, in the transmmison, like shifting valves?
I think he means you need a bigger front clutch drum for the auto tranny. The auto tranny has to clutch drums, each has its own clutch packs in them. There is a bigger front drum that you will need to beef it up which has room for an extra clutch pack, but I dunno for sure which cars have the extra drum (probably mini vans).

By valve work he is probably refering to the valve body on the transmission. There are a few ways about modifying this. There is a cheap way which G. Donovan has on his site, or you can throw a shift kit into it (if you can find one, Mopar performance supposedly just discontinued this part), or you can ditch the stock valve body for a full reverse pattern manual valve body.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:40 AM

Wow, thats some good information, I didn't know about. I can already see I am going to need alot of help to make this pipe dream a reality.

Maybe I can offer you guys some cash, to stop and help me get this together. Most of my free time is eaten up by work and my 1 year old son.

I have another friend of mine, who has a 92 shawdow, I think it is, that has a automatic, that I may be able to use, I just am not sure if it will ahndle the HP, and I know Turbo van are almost impossible to find anymore. Maybe my idea is too crazy and I should just stick my 525 back in.

Well let me know, I would love to boost along with everyone.