Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle Tech Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle

Dakotas

Old 11-30-2001, 02:59 AM
VW Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone here have a Dakota Quad Cab or familiarity with them? Ive been contemplating getting a new car and have been thinking about a pickup. But I also need room for 4 adults so the Quad Cab seems to fit the bill. How are the back seats in these? Comfortable for long trips? How are the 5.9L motors? I know they suck gas but the new 4.7L isnt much better. Is it simple to mod the motor while still being able to tow stuff? (I heard you cant tow with a performance chip)
www.vdubnut.com
Old 12-02-2001, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Back Seats arent that great. Im 56 and I felt like I was in a Neon. As far as performance with the 5.9 L is very good. You can tow with the MP PCM with no problem. Now as for the 4.7 L there are no performance parts as of yet not mojor ones like the PCM for example. However I know someone who is building up a dakota with a 4.7 L and a 5 speed and stomping all over dakota r/ts. Granted he made a turbo kit for his truck and has access to a dyno and someone who knows how to reprogram the PCM. Personally if I was going to get a Quad Cab Id get the 4.7 L down the road there will be performance parts made for it and it doesnt have the crappy push rod angles of the 5.9 L. But thats me. The besy place to get better answers would be to check out www.moparchat.com/forums under the dakota forum. Lots of dakota people there with many opinions.