Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle Tech Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle

Starting issue with 95 neon..Neutral switch?

Old 03-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Ford F0rum Native

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting issue with 95 neon..Neutral switch?

So the pos wouldn't start the other day. I dont know crap about these things so i had a friend help me out. With the key on you could cross th circuits on the start and it would start. (All while the car is in park) Another guy there said he thought it was the neutral switch. So e shut it off and it won't start again. Put it in neutral and it starts right up. Next day, one of the tranny cooling lines splits dumping all the fluid as i pull into a parking spot.

I moved the car with barley any fluid in the tranny onto a curb so i could get under it to check it out. After that i towed it back to my place on a trailer.

Just before i towed it it started with it's not wanting to start crap. Neutral wouldn't even let it start now. So i after i get it back. i add a Qt. of oil in a attempt to find the leak. So it starts this time but only when in neutral. By now it's dark so i call it a day.

This morning i fixed the line and replaced the neutral switch. Try to start it...nothing...neutral trick doesn't work either....

So does anyone know what could be wrong? I'm probably going to try just cross those two wires off the switch so the pos will start regardless of the gear selection. If that doesn't work Maybe a can of gas and a lighter will fix it?

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!
- Matt Frewer
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
George Carlin
When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands.
George Carlin
Old 03-16-2007, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by 98DOHC
Maybe a can of gas and a lighter will fix it?

I think you are on the right track.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Calmer than you are

Uh sounds like either a dead spot on the starter, bad ignition switch, or park interlock switch.
TR's WTR Crew Member #6