Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle Tech Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle

Quick question about srt4 drivetrain(neondan where you at)

Old 05-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Old School

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question about srt4 drivetrain(neondan where you at)

I was wondering if the non turbo auto neon tranny bolts up to the srt-4 motor.Do you need a pt gt turbo flexplate for it to work or just use a pt gt auto tranny altogether?Finally does a pt gt auto tranny bolt into a neon non turbo chassis?
Old 05-24-2006, 02:45 AM

srt4 engine same bolt pattern as 2.0 so neon trany will work as will any auto pt tranny. I used a manual pt transmission on my 2.4 n/a motor but that transmission is the same as a neon just slightly diffrent gearing. PT auto might fit but will require a little work as the engine bay is small there. First thing to find out is if the auto pt transmission is the same as the 2000-2005 non turbo neon. If that is the case just a transmission mount is needed and you should be good even using stock 2000 axles.

-Alan
STR8_UP Said "last night at setsers there was a plain black older neon with a crazy ass cam he first parked across from me and the car sounded nasty and when all the srt4's showed up he came back and moved over to them when he started it back up to move it the exhaust shot out of his muffler about 25ft and was hitting me in the face...wtf...
have you guys seen or do you know this guy?

99 2door Neon ACR
2.4L Allmotor Stock Compression
190WHP untuned
Old 05-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Old School

Thanks