Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle Tech Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle

Boost not holding...

Old 03-24-2006, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost not holding...

Its been about 2 weeks and I still can not find what the problem is. The car will go to 19psi in second and drop to about 10 or 11. Hits about 16 or 17 psi in third gear and drops crazy fast to about 10 psi and fourth gear is really nonexistent anymore. So I checked my wastegate and tightened everything up. Checked the IC pipes and no problem there. Checked all the hosing and everything seemed to check out ok. So wtf am I doing wrong? Is there something that I am missing? Here is a list of my mods
AGP wastegate
AEM intake
CCA FMIC
Exhaust Depot cold side pipe
Stage 1
TurboXS boost controller

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Zach
Old 03-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Grandpa

During normal operation the SRT - 4 turbocharger will emit a very high frequency whistle at full boost 68.9 - 103.4 kPa (10 - 15 psi) during WOT acceleration.

During throttle tip-out, the surge valve will emit a light air “woosh” noise. If there is excessive NVH or other air leak/turbocharger noises, the intercooler plumbing or turbocharger control system may be compromised.

TO identify the source of the concern, check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC'S) stored in PCM memory. If any DTC'S are present, refer to the appropriate Powertrain Diagnostic Information.

If there are no DTC'S stored, use the folling chart.

CONDITION POSSIBLE CAUSES CORRECTION UNDERBOOST - 20.6 - 27.5 kPa and turbocharger lag at WOT with some air leak noise

OVERBOOST - 103.4 kPa (10 psi) or more even at part throttle (could be as high as 137.8 kPa (20 psi) or more). A "Fluttering" noise can be heard during overboost. CAUTION: Engine damage can result from prolonged Overboost. </B>Waste Gate control hose plumbing compromised/disconnected
\
UNDERBOOST - 27.5 - 62 kPa (4 - 9 psi) @ WOT with "horse laugh" on throttle tip-out. Surge valve control hose plumbing compromised. Repair plumbing

NORMAL BOOST - but turbocharger lag and "horse laugh" noise on throttle tip-out. Surge valve scroll and vacuum feeds reversed Reverse vacuum lines ()

UNDERBOOST - 0-20.6 kPa (0-3 psi) a WOT with loud air leak noise outside vehicle. Turbocharger may emit a "howling" noise. Intercoooler plumbing hose disconnected Inspect plumbing

Very rough idle TIP/MAP sensor hoses connected improperly or TIP disconnected

CONDITION</B>

POSSIBLE CAUSES</B> Low boost pressure, lack of power :

Clogged air filter Leaks between engine and turbocharger Exhaust restriction Restriction in charge air cooler hose(s) Wastegate stuck open Wastegate actuator malfunction Seized turbocharger shaft

Overboost:

Wastegate stuck shut Wastegate actuator malfunction

Noisy operation or vibration:

Leak(s) in charge air cooler hose(s) Intake or exhaust leaks Oil starvation Worn turbocharger bearings Damaged turbine/compressor fins

Blue smoke from exhaust :

Oil return line blocked Engine breather clogged Turbocharger shaft seals damaged
Old 03-25-2006, 06:54 AM

ttt
Old 03-29-2006, 08:21 PM
a.k.a. NeonDan

how bout you have your car boost leak tested zach.....i know for a fact you've never had it done. Gimme a ring and i'll point you in the right direction. Got a buddy who'll help you out with that.

Skittles.....tasty arent they?

Try the newest flavors yet?...Orange blast and white mint

I specialize in SRT4 tuning/troubleshooting/repairs.....
Old 03-29-2006, 08:29 PM

A little off topic, but when I first got the car, my turbo whistled... But not anymore. Dan(s), is this bad?