Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle Tech Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle

Need Help

Old 03-23-2006, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help

I have had my 2005 SRT-4 for a little over a year now and I have 14,000 miles on it. I had a manual boost controller on it and was peeking at 25 PSI and love the way my car ran. I now have it hooked back up stock and have the set up for the Greddy B-Spec Boost controller and am getting ready to replace the wastegate actuator, anyways there is two questions I have.

1. It seems that I hear air early from the blowoff...It does it as I hit the gas and not only when I let off to shift. I am also getting only 4-5 PSI on my boost now. When I purchased the car it was pushing 11 PSI stock why am I not getting that boost now?

2. Does anyone in this area work on these cars? I found a place called Twin Cam up in the Holiday area but that is a good little drive from Dunedin, plus they all have eclipses so I was just wandering if anyone knew someone in my area that is good with these cars.

Thanks for all the help and I am glad to be a new member

Last edited by chad79fl; 03-23-2006 at 12:46 PM. Reason: misspellings
Old 03-23-2006, 09:06 PM

25psi??? Dayum, you ran the shit out of that turbo. And if you're boosting only 4-5 now. it's probably a boost leak.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:11 AM

I got my wastegate actuator on last night and love it, my car feels like a whole new animal, but I am now only pusing 2lbs of boost would this be because of a boost leak? and if so how to I find the leak or if that is what it is? Thanks for all the help.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:28 AM

Why does people think they run high boost when really they need fuel to support it.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:35 AM
aka Distortion

How does your car feel like a whole new animal if it's only pushing 2 lbs...Im lost where..How were you running 25 psi on the stock turbo...The stock guage only goes to 20...A little more detail on what your car has done and are you doing the work yourself...Im in Palm Harbor..Whats your car look like? LMK
Mike

My Flickr Page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/mkloepfer/
Old 03-24-2006, 11:52 AM

Well as you read above....I was only pushing 5lbs and my blow off was releasing air early when I replaced the wastegate actuator last night It stopped releasing early and I can feel the difference in the tourque and it rides nicer even though it has dropped to 2lbs of boost. I know the stock gage goes to 20, but I was over maxing the needle at max boost and it would settle just a little over the 20 at redline so I was guessing the max peek since the guage didn't read that far. As far as how I was running that much boost on the stock turbo..I don't know other asked me the same thing and didn't believe me till I took them for a ride and they saw it. I don't know how detailed I can get but here is the story:

My friend put on the forge motorsports blow off and manual boost controller and this is when I was pushing the 25 psi right afterward. Then one day I was turning real sharp into a parking spot and I had pulled the hose off the the powersteering some how and they towed it to Dodge and put that back on. I was still getting the same performance but wanted to be able to control the boost from inside so that I didn't have to get out or run it on high all the time driving so I bought the Greddy S-Spec Boost Controller and had Twin Cam in Holiday hook it up. They got it all put together and we could only get the low boost to work and it would push around 15 psi so thinking that there was something wrong with the controller I exchanged it for the B-Spec Boost Controller and ordered a wastegate acutator, because Twin Cam said that should fix it. Well, they seem to be always busy or not interested to install the actuator or finish the boost controller job they already started so I put the actuator on myself last night and have all the tubbing and wiring all hooked up for the boost controller just don't have the actual box or computer component installed. I am friends with a guy by the name of Brett who said I could find some help here.....see I am new to this and am interested in learning and doing new things with my car I am just looking for someone that can actually help. So, Now I need to finish putting my boost controller on, but need help and am hoping to find someone that knows these cars and is interested in helping someone new here.......Thanks and sorry if I didn't get all the info across in the first place and hope this helps.

By the way My Car is Silver with Tribal and A Red Dodge Symbol on the middle of the tribal at the top of my windshield I also have replaced the taillights with the alteeza lights and also replace the yellow headlights with whites and have replaced the fog lights with blue glow in the darks. I have a Pioneer CD/DVD Player with 12"CVR Kicker Comp. powered by a 250 watt Kicker AMP. With Red neon and strobe that turns on in the trunk when it is opened.

Last edited by chad79fl; 03-24-2006 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Spelling and Grammer and Info
Old 03-24-2006, 01:54 PM
aka Distortion

Ok Chad couple of things we need to go over...These cars are lucky to see 16 lbs of post with the stock turbo and wga( depending on weather conditions and what the map is reading) you installed a MBC and turning it up to over 20 (from what the guage read) is very bad for the car. In order to see anything close to those boost levels you need a aftermarket wastegate which you just recently installed on the car. Now for the reason your only holding 2 lbs of pressure your adjustments on the wga could be set wrong or your have a super major leak and that could be the reason for your bov going off "early". Either way dude I highly recommend you stop messing wtih the car if you dont know what your doing because you could cause serious damage. You need to have the wga adjusted properly and have the Greddy BC tuned to the proper settings by someone that knows what they are doing. I might be able to help you out sometime if you would like..LMK
Mike

My Flickr Page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/mkloepfer/
Old 03-24-2006, 02:31 PM

Mike,

That would be great! I would really like if you would help. I talk to one person today that said that I don't have a leak, because my vac reads 23 psi when at idle. He also said the same as you that the WGA needs adjusted. Like I said I am new to this and am looking a learning, but don't want to ruin my car while doing it so the help would be really appreciated. When adjusting the WGA which direction do I want to go with it?
Old 03-25-2006, 06:10 AM

So, I adjusted the wastegate actuator and I am peeking 15 psi and dropping to around 12, the only thing is I get a whoosh sound while the gas is pressed and I get a fluttering sound when I let go of the gas does this sound right? I also need help to finish installing the Greddy B-Spec BC and wandered if there was someone in the area that could help me do this?
Old 03-25-2006, 06:26 AM
Peon on steroids!

a fluttering sound when letting off the gas indicates a BOV(or bypass valve, or whatever dodge calls the SRT unit) that is not opening and releasing the excess pressure, it exactly what happened to me when one time I was putting my engine back together and forgot to run a vacuum line to my BOV anyway, you should hear a "whoosh" sound when letting off the gas, indicating excess air pressure being released to the atmosphere

p.s. correct me if I am wrong, but most electronic boost controllers require a dual port wastegate correct?