Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle Tech Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle

Good place in Tampa to get wheels refinished/repainted

Old 03-13-2006, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good place in Tampa to get wheels refinished/repainted

Just wondering if anybody here has any good experiences with a certain shop in particular for getting there wheels refinished and/or repainted. My 19" Konig Imagines are kinda scratched up on the lip and they could stand to be repainted but I don't want to bring them to some hack. I know wheel tec could probably do it but they are kinda far from the USF area, any ideas? I think there is a place on Florida north of Bearss that does it but I have no idea how their quality rates.

Thanks guys

Rob

Last edited by CobraSpdRH; 03-13-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by CobraSpdRH
Just wondering if anybody here has any good experiences with a certain shop in particular for getting there wheels refinished and/or repainted. My 19" Konig Imagines are kinda scratched up on the lip and they could stand to be repainted but I don't want to bring them to some hack. I know wheel tec could probably do it but they are kinda far from the USF area, any ideas? I think there is a place on Florida north of Bearss that does it but I have no idea how there quality rates.

Thanks guys

Rob
Transwheel in Lutz is going to fix the damage Tire Kingdom inflicted on your old wheels when I put Luke's tires on the fronts. I'll let you know how they do.

cali knows a guy that did his wheels, and they turned out really well.

There's also Glenn's wheel polishing (pricey). Either way, I hope they do a good job on your (my old) wheels.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:37 AM

there is actually a place right on bearass and 41 near the train tracks and the european car lot. they powdercoat and do other things to wheels. never heard if there good or bad but its close to usf .
Old 03-14-2006, 05:59 AM

Yeah I've been in to Transwheel before but I didn't end up getting the work done there, just ordered a whole new wheel instead.

When you say that Glens is "pricey", what exactly are we talking about for all 4? I'm looking to spend between 3-400 for refinishing the lip and repainting of the centers. How much is transwheel costing tire kingdom also? They better make your/my old rims all better!

BTW I pulled my turbo yesterday and it was leaking oil between 2 bolts on the exhaust side on the turbo, had oil on the lower portion of my heatshield and the oil return line, so now I probably have to send it back and get it fixed/replaced...oh well
Old 03-14-2006, 06:01 AM

I believe this is transwheel b/c they are just north of Bearss on business 41

Originally Posted by SpringHillSRT-4
there is actually a place right on bearass and 41 near the train tracks and the european car lot. they powdercoat and do other things to wheels. never heard if there good or bad but its close to usf .
Old 03-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Skittle on crack!

Originally Posted by RUgoinup
cali knows a guy that did his wheels, and they turned out really well.

There's also Glenn's wheel polishing (pricey). Either way, I hope they do a good job on your (my old) wheels.
Actually it was Glenn's that did mine!
Old 03-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Team Skeet #002

Get them done at Glen's... no questions asked... best place in tampa... you get what you pay for...

Old Rides:
'07 335i Coupe 6spd Manual Gray/Red
'06 EVO IX SE
'04 Orange Cobra - 530/530
'05 SRT4 ACR
'99 SVT Contour
'99 SVT Lightning
Old 03-16-2006, 07:24 AM

So the resounding answer seems to be Glens. I tried to find him in the yellow pages but to no avail does anybody have an addy and phone #? I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for so no problem paying more for better quality work

Originally Posted by 05SkeetACR
Get them done at Glen's... no questions asked... best place in tampa... you get what you pay for...
Old 03-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Skittle on crack!

813-882-0224

Oh, can you post before and after shots too....
Old 03-16-2006, 07:37 PM

Cool I'll give him a call tomorrow...also I'll get some batteries for the digi to post pics

Originally Posted by cali
813-882-0224

Oh, can you post before and after shots too....