Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle Tech Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle

oil temp gauge help

Old 02-23-2006, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil temp gauge help

i got a oil temp gauge and need some help with it. theres 5 sonnections i figured out all the wires except the S, which i assume is for signal(kinda obvious), i know it needs a oil sender unit. is there any praticular type to use or will and sending unit work? is there any way just to tap into the stock sending unit wire or is an after market one required along with the stock one like is shown on neons.org with a "T" fiting on the back of the block?
Old 02-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Peon on steroids!

thats oil temp, not oil pressure, S is for signal but you will need to tap a temp sensor into your oil system somewhere along the way...the gauge should have come with the sensor, your wires should be 1.12v positive for gauge light 2.GND for gauge light 3.GND for gauge 4.12v+ for gauge 5.S, signal to gauge
Old 02-23-2006, 01:36 PM

yah it didnt come with the sensor, thats what i need to know, will any sensor work or do i need a specific one
Old 02-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Peon on steroids!

a temp sensor of some kind....a water temp sensor will probably work, but may not have the correct output voltage for the gauge, if I were you, I would contact VDO and ask them...if you ask me though oil temp really isnt necessary to know unless you are turbo...even then its not, I dont use one myself...well, yet anyway, oil pressure should be higher on your gauge priorities
Old 02-23-2006, 05:04 PM

yah i wanted pressure but i got these in the trade for my bodykit along with the indy manifold so i figure id use it..