Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle Tech Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle

83 Dodge Challenger

Old 08-22-2005, 02:09 PM
That ginger...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 83 Dodge Challenger

yea guys i know its not SRT-4 but how cares? this car has sentimental value and if you cant understand that well o-well. But i was wondering if anyoner knows anything good or bad about this car. it has been in my family its whole life it was my grandma's (who now drives a supra heh, go grandma) then my dad and now me, if anyone knows anything about this car that would be helpful please chime in thanks alot guys.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:59 AM

It's a RWD Mitsubishi, correct?. The Plymouth version was called a Saporo. I only remember that when the carb needed rebuilt, I could not get over the price. I think I went with a Webber instead. The one I had was red over silver.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:55 AM
Grandpa

good luck finding parts for it. I think its easier to get parts for my 70. In their day they were pretty reliable cars compared to what else was out there, I never had many calls for parts on them. It was just the price of the parts at the time is what people hated about them. When it broke, it was expensive.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:54 AM
SRT-4

This may help, Find the Haynes Manual I have seen pics of it on the internet. I think the part number is 30012
Old 08-23-2005, 05:33 PM
That ginger...

well i have the chilton manual and which is much better than the haynes might i sneak in there. before i had to find some bushings for the shifter and i had to call about 8 different places and then had it special ordered so yea it was more but thats ok. like i said htis car has alot of sentimental value. o.0 and yes it is a RWD 2.6L mitsubishi motor. i just cant find anything for the motor as in performance i can only find stock cams and those are really any good use and torsion bars *stock* and some accel coils but once again not much use. any ideas to find something for the performance side of this rare car?

o.0 and yes it is easier to find more parts for your 70 cause its more popular i have never seen another 83 on the road so that says alot
Old 08-24-2005, 05:54 AM
Peon on steroids!

cant find performance for the motor...2 options...A. make your own stuff, a real PITA or B.swap the motor...if I am not mistaken I hear people who swap to a 2.0L 4g63 in Conquests and Starions...that type of thing, the 2.4L Chrysler engine may also bolt up depending on the bolt pattern for your motor(a friend of mine is checking to see if the bolt pattern is the same) even if it doesnt though all you would really need to do is make an adapter plate and the aftermarket options for both motors are pretty extensive at this point(more so for the 4g63, but the 2.4L is picking up with the debut of the SRT4)
Old 08-24-2005, 08:04 AM
That ginger...

lol yea i agree but it would be hard to make my own stuff lol like yea it would be hard to make a camshaft lol so yea i dunno i have found some STOCK cams from discount auto parts lol anyone else?

~-~Joe
Old 08-25-2005, 05:56 AM
Peon on steroids!

yeah, it would be difficult...at the very least you would need a late and some serious skills...but you could always contact crower or crane cams, sent them some stock cams to regrind at least to a more aggresive profile, but seriously consider the engine swap...even if you cant get a 2.4L to bolt to your tranny you can always use the RWD tranny from a Jeep Liberty...which will bolt to a 2.4....after all, custom cams are probably going to run you about $250 or more for one cam, but as far as custom making your own stuff, I was talking more like headers, etc...you might also want to try allpar.com and see if they have anything or any useful links
Old 08-26-2005, 08:17 PM
That ginger...

ok thanks man ill check out allpar.com and $250 for a cam aint to bad considering i only need one... lol
Old 08-26-2005, 08:31 PM
That ginger...

-{Quote from Allpar.com}-
The Challenger disappeared shortly after its power vanished, its name to be used by a Mitsubishi import.

yo josiah know any websites for mitsu that are like allpar.com or something around those terms thanks for any help anybody