Chassis & Suspension Tech Cages, braces, suspension set up and more

Need Help.....

Old 06-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Midnight Rider 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Need Help.....

I got a 95 Mustang GT, i wanna lower it 1 1/2in an put 17in rims on it. I do go to the track every wednesday to race it. i want it to handle and hook up good, no bouncing or body roll. any one got a set up like this or knows of a good set up>?
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the the grave safely in a well preserved body,rather to skid in sideways,out of control,totally worn out,shouting Holy Shit, What a Ride! R.I.P. Ed Monroe (founder of A&E and SPW)
Old 06-25-2009, 04:03 PM
legend behind the cowl

what track do you want it set up for.. the mustang has an nearly infinite amount of options and the nice thing is they are most pretty affordable.

I assume track on wednesday your referring to drag racing... the ride heigth is not an issue as much as the compliance on a RWD car the rear springs are going to want to compress on launch so you want a somewhat soft spring.. however this setup does not a good handling car make.. if you tell me your priorities you know 90% drag/10% street. 30% autocross street and drag every once in a while.. it'll help dial in the suspension options.

one thing to start you mentioned body roll is roll bars since they will help cornering and you won't have top sacrifice acceleration "launch"
Old 06-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Midnight Rider 2

well its my daily drive 7days a week. street weekends and strip Wednesdays. i want a good 1/8th and a good 1/4th, as would be said a happy medium
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the the grave safely in a well preserved body,rather to skid in sideways,out of control,totally worn out,shouting Holy Shit, What a Ride! R.I.P. Ed Monroe (founder of A&E and SPW)
Old 06-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Mechanical Engineer

Since that is what you are looking for:

I am not a big drag racer anymore, but I would recommend the Lakewood 50-50 struts for the front and Lakewood 70-30 shocks for the rear

There is no adjust ability, but with this setup you should be fine for what you are looking for. Keep the sway bars in there, and if you are really that concerned about body roll, then by all means go to larger diameter bars.

Mechanical Engineer - Naval Surface Warfare Center PCD, Marine Corps. Counter IED Development

USF Formula and Baja racing Alumni/Consultant
Old 06-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Body man extrordinair

steeda has a great array of products that will suit your need very well.

I had a 98 GT that i put the Eibach pro kit plus on and that lowered the car about 1.5 inches and the car rode great, handles great, and launched pretty well too.

Facebooks