Chassis & Suspension Tech Cages, braces, suspension set up and more

Just lowered car, now there is a knocking noise. Help Please!

Old 12-27-2007, 11:11 AM
FireMedic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just lowered car, now there is a knocking noise. Help Please!

I just installed eibach sportline springs on my 2004 mustang GT. I did it myself and this is the first time i've really done anything like this. Everything went well as far as the install, however, now when I'm in gear and using the engine to slow me down I hear a knocking noise where the front passenger side is. I just went back to check everything as far as being tight and hooked up correctly, but when I drove it again I heard the same thing. When I use the brakes to slow me down though I don't hear any knocking. Does that sound like anything anyone has heard of? If anyone could help that would be awesome otherwise I guess I'll have to take it into the shop, but I'd rather just do it myself. Please let me know!
Old 12-27-2007, 02:31 PM
fake it til ya make it!

clearly your car is not low enough...and you need new shocks. haha
Old 12-27-2007, 02:44 PM
FireMedic

i can throw feces on you from where i'm sitting...no seriously i gotta crap and you are the closest one to me
Old 12-27-2007, 03:19 PM

You might have blown your engine. Try replacing your back seats also. If you need any more help let me know
Old 12-28-2007, 08:57 AM
FireMedic

I'll try replacing the seats, does that help the compression? I think I might take off 3 cylinders also, i heard 5 cylinders are sweet! And I was thinking of adding a pink paint job with white wheels with stickers everywhere!
Old 12-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I would jack up the car to unload the suspension, and rotate the spring around to where the cut off end fits into the notch/dimple in the spring seat.

I would also check to be sure both sides have the rubber strip on top of the spring.

If you want someone to look at it, bring it by. No charge.-Bob

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/

Old 12-28-2007, 05:24 PM

Are you sure your wheel is tight on that one side? I would check that. Sometimes you forget the easiest things when doing a job like that.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:48 PM
FireMedic

i went back and checked everything the other day, everything was tight and both rubber ends were on the spring. i didn't rotate the spring yet, but i'll try that next. it is just weird to me that it only does it when i am decreasing in speed, that is what really doesn't make sense to me. i'll check it again, please let me know if you have any other ideas thanks!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:16 PM
aspiring luder

when you go do tighten your suspension, load it

so, jack the car up, take off the wheels, loosen all the bolts for the shock assembly, including the top bolts in the engine bay, load the suspension with your jack, on your lower control arm or something, and jack it up to where it just comes off the jack stand, and then tighten all the bolts

do that on all 4 corners, that should cure it, and if you did your new springs on stock shocks, be prepared to do this again soon when you have to replace your shocks
Old 01-02-2008, 01:18 PM
FireMedic

i actually did tighten everything with the suspension loaded, i'll prolly just go back and try to do it over again tomorrow and let you all know if it worked. it's just weird that it only did it on the passenger side, i am positive i did both sides the same, i checked everything like 3 times to make sure.....but i will take everyone's advice and try it all to see if it works. thanks for the help!