The Champagne Room Members Only Forum

Fricken black widows suck!

Old 02-11-2003, 11:17 AM
I have fuzzy eyebrows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fricken black widows suck!

Actually Brown widow...same thing though. I have tons of them in my garage and backyard. Must have gotten bit on sunday. Started breaking out in hives all over that came and went, sweating, headache, muscleaches, followed by muscle weakness and a real stiff abdominal muscles and weekness in my hands and legs. Its almost all gone now...just feels like I ran a marathon though.

Time for some serious pest control before it gets any warmer.

if it's cheap & reliable, it ain't fast, if it's fast & cheap, it ain't reliable, if it's fast & reliable, it ain't cheap
Old 02-11-2003, 11:20 AM
I like beer.

Remind me to not come to your house anymore until pest control pays you a visit
Old 02-12-2003, 07:21 AM
Team Geritol Racing

Dayum, Al, that sucks for sure. Glad you're getting better. I don't know if you've ever heard me refer to Tammy as Miss Sierra Club or Miss Enviro-Nazi or not but even though I love her to death, the dingy broad just doesn't know where to draw the line. Everything must be natural and absolutely no pesticides or fertilizers and herbicides on the lawn. Well, since she has arrived on the scene, my lawn has gone from the nicest one on the block to a poor second to any median on any street in the county and there's critters in every corner of the house. She spotted a little spider building a web in her bicycle out in the garage. She showed it to me and instructed me not to hurt it because it was her buddy and she and the spider talked while she did laundry (remember the part about "dingy broad?). Anyway, I agreed and went on my merry way until she told me one day that her laundry buddy was now carrying an egg sac or a bunch of little ones on her back. I didn't know what kind of spider it was so I decided now was a good time to find out. Jumped on the internet and finally located the little arachnid... a Brown Widow...WTF is that? Oh, related to a Black Widow. OK not good. I hosed the bug down with a half can of contraband Raid and disposed of the bodies while Tammy was at class. Told her they must have moved on. I've since secretely murdered about a dozen of the little bastiges around the porch and yard without her knowledge. I also informed her that come spring, our yard will be a virtual Love Canal and that even birds flying overhead will become sickened from all the poisons and fertilizers I'm gonna drop on it. But, we will have lots of green grass.

Hmmmm, sorry to have inflicted my own personal problems with spiders onto your thread...but I feel much better now. Hope you do too.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:40 PM
I have fuzzy eyebrows

Thats great Tony!! I love your stories!
These Brown widows are supposedly a relatively new phenomenon here. We never had them at the rate we do know. They have just had a huge population explosion lately. But Im with you...my house will will be a "dead zone" for anything smaller than a dog soon enough

if it's cheap & reliable, it ain't fast, if it's fast & cheap, it ain't reliable, if it's fast & reliable, it ain't cheap
Old 02-13-2003, 01:43 PM
Team Geritol Racing

Originally posted by HybridSS
Thats great Tony!! I love your stories!
These Brown widows are supposedly a relatively new phenomenon here. We never had them at the rate we do know. They have just had a huge population explosion lately. But Im with you...my house will will be a "dead zone" for anything smaller than a dog soon enough
Don't set your limits so narrow, Al. Week before last, I took out about a 25 lb stray tomcat that I've been stalking for a year. The bastige has sprayed IN Tammy's Trans Am twice and hits all the tires and bushes outside my house every night. He gets my 3 cats in an uproar and you never see anything but a glimpse of him. Idiot boy made the mistake of getting a drink out of my pool while I was looking out the bathroom window. Ruger was at the ready so I popped a LR hollowpoint right in the top of his head. He did a nice little backflip and didn't even mess up the pool. I'm now the local hero of the neighborhood. Seems I'm not the only one who's been stalking him.

Bad part is, I love animals and I really do feel badly about the whole thing but I had no choice. Got 3 cats of my own, all fixed and ever roam outside unattended, 1 west higland flinger dog type critter, a beta and his buddy the snail. Nobody, including the snail is allowed out on their own. Wish other people would do the same.