The Champagne Room Members Only Forum

For the honda People...

Old 06-07-2001, 09:11 PM
Just Ledoux it!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To avoid hybrid EG answering my qusetions..I want to have my car be able ot be tuned at all..like fpr and spark whatnot but what brands and/or systems? And what suspension would you reccomend? I want sway bars but Im also not digign the 4x4 look. Any good/bad reviews? I particularly enjoyed the ride I got in Bills car once..very nice...Mines a pile of turd in a turn comapred.
Old 06-08-2001, 05:49 AM
Wherever I may roam...

Jesse do you have any long term goals for the car? turbo? NA?
I would recommend a cam gear and an Apex S-AFC along with a decent header if you dont have one already.

Have you ridden in Johns car? That is a nice suspension set up but its not cheap. If you really want the car to handle you are going to need a rear sway bar stiffer shocks and new springs with a higher spring rate in the rear than the front.

BTW If you need a header I may be selling my DC sports ceramic header in a couple weeks. I think it will fit your car John should know for sure.
Old 06-08-2001, 08:58 AM
drives euro trash

Jesse...just cut your springs man. It will give you the look of performance without the cost.

Anyways I hear Neuspeed is good. Craigs CRX has Neuspeed springs (I believe) and it rides pretty smooth for a sudo-aggressive drop on stock shocks/struts. But Im no Honda guy...so what do I know.
Old 06-08-2001, 04:06 PM
No Ants Drift Member

yeah its MUCH better now that i put the sway bar in CORRECTLY! HAHAHAHAHA... its does ride nice though..id sport it
Old 06-08-2001, 08:32 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by 93ex
To avoid hybrid EG answering my qusetions..I want to have my car be able ot be tuned at all..like fpr and spark whatnot but what brands and/or systems? And what suspension would you reccomend? I want sway bars but Im also not digign the 4x4 look. Any good/bad reviews? I particularly enjoyed the ride I got in Bills car once..very nice...Mines a pile of turd in a turn comapred.
hahahahaha the kids a fountain of knowledge everyone is just jealous. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You should come out to the autocross this month with us and see how well it really handles once I have these poly bushings in.
As for upgrading your car Id just play with the suspension and leave the rest alone. Your car wont be fast unless you do a swap or totally rework the engine for a turbo application. At least with a suspension upgrade you can dog it at the autocross and have a ton of fun. Theres more to going fast than taking a straight line.
As for a suspension upgrade just toss on a set of front and rear sway bars and youll be a happy man. ST makes a great combo and is relatively cheap at $200 or so for both front and rear. Later down the road you can upgrade the rest but sway bars are a must.

Old 06-08-2001, 11:20 PM
Just Ledoux it!

Okay..I shall go suspension..thanks. ANd if you guys dont mind posting your setups?
Old 06-09-2001, 04:23 PM

I too upgraded tires brakes/pads all the way around upgraded struts springs swaybars added strut brace etc on my 240 before going for more power. What is power without control?

For your Honda I guess it depends on your budget.
For my Si I only spent about $140 on my Progress springs around $350 for KYB AGX adjustable struts and $70 for a rear lower tie bar. Its a cheap setup but Im happy with the results thus far. 1.75 inch drop rear and 2.0 in front. Now if I just replace those crappy factory Michelins
Old 06-09-2001, 04:28 PM

For me. I will be going with some KYB AGX adjustables. Some drag springs. I have upgraded to Diamante/3000GT front brakes with dual piston calipers. Will need a cage...at least thats the plan. Solid motor mounts and complete suspension bushing upgrades. Of course some strut tower bars and maybe a rear swaybar. The front is fine from the factory on ours. That stuff is all going to be done as soon as the motor is replaced.

Whatever it takes to keep from breaking shit.