The Champagne Room Members Only Forum

less money, more life...

Old 07-02-2006, 06:36 PM
TRs Iron Chef & Party God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default less money, more life...

well its been a while eh perros? just thought i would drop in and say hey and let you guys know what has been goin on with me as of late...

"if you love your job you will never work a day in your life"

one statement that i find to be VERY true. my entire life, for as long as i can remember all i have ever wanted to do is race/be involved with cars. some people say that "well if you work with them every day, you get burnt out on them" i cant ever find anyone that will jsut talk cars with me enough for my taste lol. 9 times out of 10 that is where my conversations end up to the extent of just being annoying some times. well recently i asked taylor (taylor durden) if he needed/knew of anyone that needed a helping hand down there in the automotive industry (preferably the modification thereof) in an attempt to come back to tampa...the only place i will ever consider home. he said no, which is cool...now i dont know an overwhelming amount about the actual wrench turningh process, but i have more desire to learn than anyone that any of you are likely to meet. starting off as a shop lackey, and gopher...anything, i was willing to do it. well i dont know if there is no one that needs anyone, but yeah, havent gotten any positive feedback.

but anyway, i got a job at a shop up here just doing BS work, tires, alignments, tune-ups, brakes etc... and am learning really fast...my favorite days are when the local race shop brings us their speed world GT cars, and ALMS cars for either alignment or tire mounting on those big ass 16x13" BBS 3 pc wheels...pure sex. i have been talking alot witht he owner, and he is going to sell the place in the next few years to the younger guy that works there, and they are both stand up guys. cool as hell, and all about getting shit done right. but anyway, in talking with them both...there is a chance (all be it a slim one) that they might send me to wyotech for the core course, and the custom fab/high performance engines classes. they offer tuition reimbursment to all their employees that wish to further their education in the field...the only hesitation with this particular instance is that i would be "employed" with them while i was away at school for a year or so. but it is still up in the air. right now i dont make much...took a big cut in pay (BIG cut) to do what i love, or to at least get me on track to do it. but im happy...for the first time in years, i love going to work, have buckets of energy when i get off, and am just having a good time.

anyway ill end this now, ill keep you guys posted (for those that care) about the school gimmick, and if that falls through, and any of you are looking for, or know someone who is looking for some help...let me know, i'd love to be doing this back home.

Saggleman: cause lord knows theres nothing i love more than swallowing condoms full of cocaine