The Champagne Room Members Only Forum
View Poll Results: Classic muscle or New muscle?
Old School
81.82%
New School
18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Modern Muscle or Classic muscle...

Old 07-19-2005, 07:05 PM
What can Brown do for you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modern Muscle or Classic muscle...

Given the choice would you choose a classic muscle car or the latest version of that car today and why?

This would be under the assumption that the classic would still have things such as disc brakes, A/C, nice stereo etc...

Last edited by guadofreak; 07-19-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:12 PM
boostmonkey

New school. As cool as the whole Chip Foose Overhaulin resto-mods are, they just can't be as nice with the creature comforts as the modern stuffs.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by craig_302
New school. As cool as the whole Chip Foose Overhaulin resto-mods are, they just can't be as nice with the creature comforts as the modern stuffs.
What other creature comforts you want Mr. I just got A/C again! LOL
Old 07-19-2005, 08:07 PM
boostmonkey

Hey, I am a spoiled brat now. I even have power mirrors and working windshield wipers...front and back!

For instance, maw's 03 Cobra has awesome brakes, ABS, traction control that is always off, 6 disc in dash cd changer, nice seats, 3 point seatbelts, a liner in the convertable top, ect... The oldschool 'Cuda vert Alan and I grew up with had none of the above. I've been told that it drove like a truck, wandered all over the road and took a written permission slip from the Comissioner of Baseball to stop. It went like a raped ape, but not something that I'd drive more than 1 day a week. Plus, the car was rare, hard to find parts for, the carb needed constant fiddling and you were always afraid of jackass drivers running into it.

Sure, I would sport a classic muscle car (especially a Mopar), but unless it is a weekend toy, forget it. Even the old 240 had more peace of mind on the road than I would ever have in a classic muscle car...and I am one paranoid cracker.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by craig_302
Hey, I am a spoiled brat now. I even have power mirrors and working windshield wipers...front and back!

For instance, maw's 03 Cobra has awesome brakes, ABS, traction control that is always off, 6 disc in dash cd changer, nice seats, 3 point seatbelts, a liner in the convertable top, ect... The oldschool 'Cuda vert Alan and I grew up with had none of the above. I've been told that it drove like a truck, wandered all over the road and took a written permission slip from the Comissioner of Baseball to stop. It went like a raped ape, but not something that I'd drive more than 1 day a week. Plus, the car was rare, hard to find parts for, the carb needed constant fiddling and you were always afraid of jackass drivers running into it.

Sure, I would sport a classic muscle car (especially a Mopar), but unless it is a weekend toy, forget it. Even the old 240 had more peace of mind on the road than I would ever have in a classic muscle car...and I am one paranoid cracker.

Oh hell yea...I would never sport a classic for a Daily driver... LOL
Old 07-20-2005, 05:06 AM
Team Geritol Racing

Old school. They may be POS in comparison to comfort and some of the things that we have come to expect in the way of an ultimate driving machine...but the new cars have no personality. You can hardly tell one from another.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:26 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

old school in the form of my dad's old '71 super bee, or something named cuda, challenger, or 67 rs ss
Old 07-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Livin' in Seattle

Bleh. New school in the form of the new Dodge Magnum SR8. Oh man...that's friggin' sex right there.