The Champagne Room Members Only Forum

Chicago ppl

Old 05-09-2004, 06:43 PM
red ass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the area around the ohare is ok, 12miles in chiacgo is far though! if it's really close to the airport you can take the train to downtown and take cabs or the "L" around downtown, the only problem is the train can be hassle and the "L" can take you in to some not so nice area's.

Renting a car is an option but can also be a pain, parking is very expnesive and some people find it nerv racking to be going liek 35-40 mph close enough to others cars that you can stare lovingly in to the peoples eye's in the car nest to you.

if it were me, id try and find a hotel closer to down town and take the "L" and cabs evry where.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:23 AM
Sugar Daddy - Miami Bound

Yeah I would have to agree, that hotel is in the middle of nowhere... It's not schaumburg with teh shopping and decent places to eat, and it's not near downtown with all of the attractions and everything else...

I would find a decent deal downtown... look around enough and you can find one... Hell I did new years at the hyatt downtown for the millenium at 150 a night (and another $200 a person for the House of blues, like whoa)...

Anyway - I would rather spend an extra $20-40 per night on a hotel than spend that on transportation every day...
Old 05-10-2004, 07:47 AM

If your looking for a good time, just stay downtown and walk / cab to everything - you'll have a blast...
Old 05-10-2004, 08:24 AM

The aquarium is cool (and I think they just expanded it!) - of course you have to go to the cubby bear after the game

Rush street for a night out! (lots and lots of cool places there!)

Blue man group? Very cool - been twice..

Hmmmm, Art museum (see ferris bueller for more info, lol), Michigan avenue (window shopping, lol), the zoo downtown, rent some bikes or rollerblades and go along the lakeshore. Check out Navy Pier, boat cruise around the city...

all kinds of stuff

Lots of cool small restaraunts around!
Old 05-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Wherever I may roam...

One more vote for staying downtown. It'd be a real pita to have to catch a cab to do stuff every day.

Even if you weren't taking Evette I would still recommend staying away from titty bars, shit gets real expensive there.