Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

FS/FT: 1998 Civic EX four-door.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS/FT: 1998 Civic EX four-door.

Not in a real hurry to sell, just testing the waters I suppose. Bought the car a while ago from a relative and I just want something different. I've had all kinds of offers on it, so shoot me an offer and the worst I can say is no. I live in Jacksonville, but I can meet you pretty much anywhere. i've lurked this forum for a long time because my friend told me it's a great place to get secondhand cars from.

Some details,

Has 164k original miles on the body & on the D16Y8 motor.
Automatic.
A/c doesn't work. Compressor is seized up so we cut the belt off of it so it wouldn't squeal anymore.
Has a sunroof, but something happened and it won't go back anymore. I think it's the switch, but I haven't had the time to work on it.
Also the windshield wipers work... except for the slowest mode. So medium, and fast work... but not slow. Honestly I have no idea why this has happened. I've been told it's a simple fix but not how to fix it.
Exterior is in decent shape. One fender is dented in a bit & catches on the door. Paint is faded a good bit on the hood, some on the roof, and some on the trunk.
Tires are eh... back tires are fine, like 80% tread. The alignment is bad, so the front tires wear off quick. The passenger-side front tire needs to be replaced soon. The driver-side isn't as bad but still should be replaced.
The interior is in decent shape, minus a few things. The headliner is awful... most of it has fallen off. However, I have a kit to replace it & if it isn't replaced by the time I sell it, the kit will come with the car. The center dash bezel clips broke off because somebody tried to steal my radio... so that would need to be replaced. The radio is still in the car, however. It just doesn't have the front plate to hold it in perfectly so it's just kinda there.
The car was in a fender bender before I purchased it, and I didn't find out about it until after I took the rear bumper off. We have repaired MOST of the damage to the rear. It's still a tiny bit dented in but it's barely noticeable from the outside unless you take the bumper off/look where the spare tire is.

All-in-all, the car could be in better shape. I just don't have the time to fix it up anymore as I just started college and I want a different car. The car has been immensely reliable. Has never let me down. My girlfriend lives 3.5 hours away & i've made countless trips in this old girl & she's gotten me there every time without a fuss. It would make for a good project car or just a daily driver that needs some TLC. PM me for my info if you wanna contact me about it or if you want more pics.

Some trades I would do with cash on top are for a well-kept Miata or a 240 that doesn't need an immediate rebuild lol.

Will add more photos tomorrow. These are old but they're all I have on this computer.[ATTACH=CONFIG]189952[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]189950[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]189951[/ATTACH]

Last edited by michael_wooley; 08-27-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: grammar