Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

FS: 1987 Chevy Sprint Turbo - 5 Speed

Old 06-19-2010, 02:51 PM
first

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1987 Chevy Sprint Turbo - 5 Speed

History:

This car is about as rare as they come in the state of Florida. As far as I know, there are only two registered in the state. This car was manufactured by Chevrolet/Suzuki with a 3-cylinder turbocharged engine. This was the precursor to the Geo Metro, but with boost.

This car has always been a Florida car (I have the original paperwork from when it was purchased new). I purchased it just over three years ago and have driven it sparingly since the purchase (just over 2,200 miles). The man from whom I purchased the car had been the owner for the previous six years. I spent my first year of ownership restoring the car, and most of the last two years finishing my degree and working on other projects. I'm hoarding this car at this point.

When I purchased the car, it did not run and the interior was trashed. While it did have a freshly rebuilt head, the valve timing was out and valves needed adjustment.
I replaced the woodruff key and the crank sprocket, reset the valve timing, and adjusted the valves. I also gave the car a complete tune up (save for plug wires). The car now runs well and has great compression (although I don't recall the numbers after I adjusted the valves).
I next tackled the interior. I washed the carpet. I replaced the dashboard, a- and b-pillars, kick panels, and other miscellaneous interior items. I dyed the remaining interior items (the original grey). I also replaced the torn front seats with seats from a '92-'95 Honda Civic SI. I replaced the rear seats with grey vinyl seats from another Sprint.
I finally installed a Pioneer head unit (CD player), 4" aftermarket (I want to say Pyle) speakers in the dash, 4" Jensen speakers in the rear/side, and 6"x9" JVC speakers in the rear/hatch. There is also currently a 10" Bazooka bass tube with 300 watt 2 channel Jensen amp insalled, but I would prefer to retain the amp/bass tube.

Specs:

Car
-76,451 miles (original miles - verified)
-3 cylinder g10 engine
-5-speed manual transmission
-fuel economy (over the last month): 34 mpg
-no AC

Engine and Mods
-76,451 miles on the block
-just over 2,100 miles on rebuilt cylinder head
-great compression
-2.5" turbo back exhaust with inline Magnaflow muffler
-aftermarket intake
-manual boost controller
-Autometer 0-35psi boost gauge
-tint all around

Transmission
-shifts well into all gears; no grinds

Interior
-'92-'95 Civic SI front seats, grey vinyl n/t Sprint rear seats
-Pioneer CD player, 2 pairs of aftermarket 4" speakers, 1 pair of aftermarket 6x9 speakers, 10" Bazooka bass tube and 300 watt Jensen amp

Wheels/Suspension
-13" refinished steel wheels from a Mirage (I can include a set of 14" Nissan alloy wheels with Falken tires if the buyer would prefer the larger alloy wheels)
-suspension is stock

One thing I will note about the exterior that may not be apparent in the pictures is that the there is a small spider crack in the windshield (about the size of a quarter). I believe it was caused by an acorn falling from the tree under which the car was once parked.

I'm asking $2000 obo.

Pics:

Last edited by AnthrAxNSB; 06-19-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:41 PM
SNIPER

nice
Old 06-20-2010, 07:43 AM
first

Recent maintenance and new parts include two new front rotors (two years ago) and a new battery (one month ago). I also have a couple of totes full of replacement parts (mechanical, electronic, interior, etc.), and another set of wheels.

Finally, I thought about selling this car in 2008. The offer I accepted was $2100. The guy was going to drive up from south Florida to pick up the car, but before he made the trip I bought a Geo Metro convertible that my girlfriend learned quickly she did not like. So, I canceled the deal and sold the Metro. I say this to give people on the forum an idea of what this car, in this condition, sells for in Florida.

I'd like to sell this car to someone who will respect it. It has untapped performance potential and, when I was driving it regularly, I was getting 41 mpg. The recent tank (34 mpg) was somewhat lower because I was inspecting everything on the car and getting on it a bit to make sure there would be no surprises for a buyer.

With that said, if someone offers my asking price ($2000), I'll repaint the car (white) for the buyer. I don't want the buyer to have any excuse to treat the car like sh*t.

Last edited by AnthrAxNSB; 06-20-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:55 PM

damn I've never even heard of these, fuckin nice bro. If I had it I'd pick it up just because of how rare it is.....and its turbo! lol
Old 06-21-2010, 09:56 PM
first

I think I might repaint it regardless of the selling price. I once had a lead on decals, and at that point I was thinking of going black with silver trim (only the front lip and the trim around the IC opening). I was going to find a nice set of 13" alloy wheels and call it day on the restoration. But, I just ran out of time. I think I might go with the stock white now, though. Whatever the buyer wants, I suppose.

I forgot to mention that this one has cruise control and is set up for AC, though the AC was removed. The cruise control is particularly rare for this model.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:14 AM
I do what I do

i love the weirdest cars and this thing is SICK i would so rock this thing if i could

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #179
Old 06-29-2010, 04:58 PM
first

For $2200, I will repaint the car.

For $2000, I will add AC.

Last edited by AnthrAxNSB; 07-22-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:31 AM
Android Junkie

Damn dude this things cool. I've never actually seen one but heard about them. 600 light from your asking price but if you still have this when I get some more cash I'd def love to check this out.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:28 AM
first

You can come test drive the car if you would like.

There is only one other local who has expressed interest in the car. Everyone else is out of state, which is not necessarily a problem, but I am always concerned when people have to travel a great distance to view a car.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:13 PM

shared_pm sent!