Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

'06 Radical SR3 1500 w/High Downforce

Old 01-14-2008, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 Radical SR3 1500 w/High Downforce

It's now up for sale, my 2006 high downforce Radical SR3 1500 with a huge number of options and two sets of spare wheels & tires. Asking price is $87,000 (paid $115,500 new) and it is currently located in Daytona Beach, FL. The new engine will be installed within the next few weeks and I will include shipping in the price or it can be delivered to you at a track event if it's one on my 2008 schedule. If it's a track day event rather than a race, I can probably arrange to take you for a ride in the car as part of the purchase contract so you can get a feel for it. The car is equipped with the following options:
  • Clear coat carbon fiber body (one of only two in the country), not heavier fiberglass ($5000 option)
  • 252 HP 1500cc Powertec engine with new rebuild, zero hours ($10,764 option over 1300cc stock motor)
  • Fuel injected ($1388 option)
  • Dry sump equipped ($4818 option)
  • Gear drive oil cooler ($1054 option)
  • Triple-adjustable Intrax shocks ($5044 option)
  • High downforce front dive planes,undertray and dual-element rear wing ($6754 option)
  • Carbon-kevlar front undertray & brake cooling shrouds ($868 option)
  • Three total sets of wheels (two ultra lightweight @ $3374/each, one standard) & center lock removal tool ($250 part)
  • One 50% worn set of slicks, one UNUSED set of slicks, one UNUSED set of rains
  • Upgraded 280mm x 25mm full floating front & rear brake option including alloy bell & stiffer caliper ($3940 option)
  • Stack dash/steering wheel with lap timing & track-side beacon ($5000 option)
  • Large dash gear indicator ($486 option)
  • In-dash brake bias adjustment ($324 option)
  • FIA spec 54 liter fuel cell ($814 option)
  • Fire system
  • Upgraded high-sided seat ($520)
  • Right hand drive
  • Clear rear brake light lenses ($186 option)
  • Burns Stainless ultralite muffler ($242 add-on)
This particular model, at 2007 prices, retailed for $65,076 in stock SR3 1300cc low-downforce format. It has $50,334 in options, shipping from the UK for a new car is $5000 and you're getting $2200 in unused tires as well. The car is very fast, if you're doing track day events with it, you will likely be faster than anything on the track if you're even a moderate driver. If you're racing, you'll be quite competitive. If you are familiar with Sebring and need a frame of reference for how fast the car is, it can do a 2:08 to 2:09 lap with an excellent driver and I was able to do 2:19's as just a moderate driver. The car is set up with numerous options for racing (triple adjustable shocks, brakes, weight reduction, etc.) but has never been raced as I haven't progressed to that point yet. If you have not driven a right hand drive car before, do not be concerned; because the car has a sequential gearbox, you are only pushing forward and back on the gear lever and you'll get used to driving on the right side within a few minutes. In many cases it's actually preferable since most tracks operate clockwise and that puts you on the apex side of most turns.

Full disclosure: this car, when purchased, will give you a zero-hour engine, because of issues with the previous engine. The short version of the long story is that I bought the car in March of 2007 from the original owner who only drove it for three events and moved on to West cars so he could compete in IMSA Lites. I drove the car for 26 running hours in 2007 until a mistake of my own during a spin resulted in the clutch being damaged. I decided to use a 'bargain' engine builder in California to replace the clutch and rebuild the engine since it was nearly time anyway, the engine came back and six hours later broke a cam chain which has been attributed to the bad engine builder not replacing the chain or tensioner as should have been done. Having not learned from that experience and needing an engine for an upcoming event, I decided to go the 'budget' route again and bought an engine destined for a Hayabusa drag race bike figuring it would be tough; it wasn't and I blew the engine seven hours later. As it stands now, the original Powertec engine, that had been rock solid prior to the rebuild, is nearly through its second complete rebuild with Powertec parts and to Powertec specifications this time, including a new cam chain, a mechanical cam tensioner to replace the hydraulic one, new valves & pistons and inspection of the rest. So, once that original engine goes back in, the car should be reliable for whomever purchases it as it's being rebuilt the correct way this time with the correct parts.

If you do purchase this car, do NOT try to skimp on the engine rebuilds to save a couple thousand, it's simply not worth it. If you have it rebuilt correctly to Powertec specs it will be reliable, if you do not, it won't. I can put you in contact with the new engine builder as well if you like.

Couple laps at Barber in Alabama:

YouTube - Radical SR3 @ Barber Motorsports Park

Some pics, many more available:

Old 01-14-2008, 06:24 AM
Ink
Changes names a lot.

Oh.. My.. Sex. That is a HUGE wing on the beemer. But in all seriousness, this isn't a good place to try and sell it, its just jerk off material to most of the honda guys. I'd try on ebaymotors or custom/exotic car trader. Is that thing street legal?
Old 01-14-2008, 06:33 AM

It can be made street legal in Nevada but you wouldn't want to drive it on the street, there's only 50 mm of ground clearance.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:39 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

WOW! free bump

and rep!
Old 01-14-2008, 06:41 AM
just mike.

thats purdy! Theres a couple people on here that can afford that.. but mainly try on craigslist or ebay.. im not sure on fee's with ebay, craigslist doesnt have any!
Old 01-14-2008, 06:44 AM

Yeah, I just started throwing it around to the forums this morning, need to learn how to use ebay as a seller.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Single Turbod!!

bump for a bad ass track car! why are you selling? (sorry if It was in your post)

Car videos on my YouTube Channel (Subscribe please!):
http://www.youtube.com/user/FDfranklin
Old 01-14-2008, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by FDfranklin
bump for a bad ass track car! why are you selling? (sorry if It was in your post)

I've bought an even better car (Juno Racing SS3-V6) because I'm going to start racing.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Bo0st FTMFW

trade ya a 240? lmao.. bump for you

R.I.P DJSTANG. YOU WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:13 AM

$240k? Sounds good, I'll PM you the wire info.