Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

F/S 1988 Bronco II 4X4

Old 11-16-2007, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S 1988 Bronco II 4X4

I bought this truck a while back when I was in a big off roading phase... it was just something that I could drive off road while not completely caring if it got scratched or anything like that. It never gave me any fits while wheeling I still occasionaaly take it on our property to flex it out or hitting some mud.

When I Got it the first time I took it out I flexed it on some washed out clay in citrus and someone yelled STOP! and told me to go look... well basically the front body mounts were GONE and the body would seperate from the frame... so I decided on doing a 3" body lift and replaced all the body bushings with energy suspension bushings. It has 31" tires with decent tread on the stock rims. Ill throw back in a cd played and has newer speakers all around. It is an xlt so it is fully loaded with power windows/locks power steering, and is SUPPOSED to have a/c. I have a compressor and all the lines to install it but never got around to it.

When I got the bronco it had some issues with the u joints and broke an axle because of it, basically both were old and the ends came off and got the axle in a bind and snapped it so I had to get another one. I replaced the ujoints as well. The 4wd all works great in both high and low. I do think that the linkage could be adjusted because a couple of times 4 low didnt go in quite right but after taking it out and putting it back in it was okay.

umm the engine also has a K&N air filter! and umm an exhaust leak... I got an extra short block with the truck and was told it was the old one and they rebuilt the motor that is currently in it. The oil pan leaks and you can hear an occasional valve tick. They also replaced the radiator with an aluminum unit from an explorer which does tend to keep it running pretty cool.

The only real other bad part is the fact that the bronco came from up north so there is a fair amount of rust. nothing major like the frame rotting or anything. To sum everything up it is a great rig to take off road, and still be able to drive daily. I drove it every day for a couple of months and took it out to citrus and brookesville alot. I never really beat on it, I am more of someone to do technical runs and such, not so much to see how deep of mud I can drive through however I got it stuck in some mud on the side of our pond earlier this week. so it is kind of dirty.

I will get pics to anyone interested in it, as far as asking price I would like to start around 900 obo or would gladly trade for some sort of 5 speed import, which could use some work or alot of work or something.

Holley 2300 500cfm direct mounted to a D8 head
durapark ignition, JP performance Timing chain
IHI turbo, 10 psi, K&N! video of it "in action"
http://videos.streetfire.net/player....D-7B3C2B51D66F
Old 11-17-2007, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol I re read my post and saw that I said it never gave me any fits but then the next paragraph I say the things that I replaced... what I meant was motorwise... but bump anyway...

Holley 2300 500cfm direct mounted to a D8 head
durapark ignition, JP performance Timing chain
IHI turbo, 10 psi, K&N! video of it "in action"
http://videos.streetfire.net/player....D-7B3C2B51D66F