Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

my car

Old 09-02-2006, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car

im selling my 99 neon with 83xxx miles. no mechanical problems and is completely reliable. was purchased new in 1999 with 19 miles on it. still have window sticker with final price of 13,835 when new.23/32 mpg!! 2.0 dohc motor with automatic transmission. new front tires. was always serviced and maintained by dealer. a common problem with these cars is a blown headgasket, the headgasket was already replaced at 53xxx miles by plaza dodge under warrantee. just had a complete tune up (new oil, spark plugs, and injector service/cleaning). before the warrantee went i brought it in and complaigned about a "crunching" sound when i went over a speed bump...the dealership installed the following parts to try and fix it: new:timing belt idler, pully, tensioner, power steering pump, 2 new front struts, new strut bushing, front sway bar,rack and pinion, and for some reason a new cam positioning sensor...well after all that i got in my car and the noise was still there, finally i showed the mechanic and he sprayed lube on a bushing and it went away never to come back. so basically it has many new parts that were un needed but covered by the warrantee so i didnt mind. it also has a new stock exhaust installed at 81xxx miles. It was painted pw7(stock mopar white paint)about 1 year ago and shines(paint job was 1,200 alone). The car had a bodykit and rims on it which when i got the body kit i wanted it all to match perfect so i painted everything instead of just the kit. the rear trunk lock was shaved because it was destroyed when someone tried to break into it( i still have it laying around somewhere). the stock antenna hole is shaved and a roof antenna like a vw was installed, it has blue slight mirror tint. was always garage kept until now. the trunk lid is sprayed with dynomat type coating to prevent rattling when i had a system. this is a great turn key and go car. Only reason im selling it is because i also have a 97 neon and i just bought a newer car nd a bike so i dont need all 3.its a great daily driver under $3,000. all general maintence is done(tune up, headgasket, timing belt etc..) so it has a long life ahead. shes just sitting waiting for a new home

problems: it is a seven year old neon and is not perfect. i will be completely honest because i have had my share of purchased cars that turned out to not be what was said.
-on the back side of the rear seat is a hole where an amp was once installed, it is boxed in so that the amp use to sit flush and out of the way.
-hood has a few dings
-interior- the mid dash cracked, i ordered another one and it wasnt the same color, so the interior is 2 tone but many neons were like that and it doesnt look bad. the door pannels also had aftermarket fabric which i removed and now where the stock material is looks like crap because of the glue.
- the car has been sitting a little over 6 months now, i drive it around the lock here and there to keep things moving. when i started it it ran rough for a cople minutes and then smoothed right out( aparently from sitting so long)
-it was in an accident, my ex rolled into another car not paying attention at a red light. the other car had no damage and the neon had a bent hood (i have pictures) it was checked out and no frame damage or alignment problems.

ouch...i painted the intake pipe when i was 16 :/ (5 years ago)

i basically stated EVERYTHING about the car and its history. KBB says in good condition 2930 and in fair condition 2480. im asking 2,500 and dont really want to be talked down..it hurts enough knowing im loosing about 11,000 from when i bought it.

Last edited by neondriver; 03-11-2007 at 06:17 PM. Reason: lowered price
Old 09-16-2006, 02:40 PM
tampa car scene

How much you asking for it?
Old 12-17-2006, 06:34 PM

bump.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:56 AM

bump for a great daily driver under $3,000. all general maintence is done(tune up, headgasket, timing belt etc..) so it has a long life ahead. shes just sitting waiting for a new home
Old 03-11-2007, 06:17 PM

bump added more pictures and lowered the price
Old 03-11-2007, 07:08 PM

will take best offer also.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:24 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

i got some R/T rims for it if u wanta buy some, 150 and they are urs, if u wanta get rid of the hubcaps!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Usuck!
i got some R/T rims for it if u wanta buy some, 150 and they are urs, if u wanta get rid of the hubcaps!
nah i just want to get rid of the car, i was interested in the rims for my acr but i spent all my money on spring break.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:37 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

^lol well i have sum ACR sport rims for 50 bucks too lol
Old 03-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Out Of Towner

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/c...000-trade.html + $300