Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

FS: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Old 10-05-2004, 04:22 AM
Errare Humanum Est

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up FS: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I'm looking to sell/trade my Jeep by Christmas time/end of the year.

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD. 75,010 miles, automatic. Mint condition.

Options:

* Flawless "Royal" Leather seating, no cuts, scratches, stains
* Spartan Burl Woodgrain
* Beautiful sounding Infinity Sound System w/ upgraded JL Audio highs
* Brand new 245/75R16 BFG Tires (16x7 Factory Upgraded Rims) with full-size spare
* Brand new brakes all around (rotors and pads)
* Strong 4.0L Inline 6 Engine (195hp, 230ft/lb torque - Can tow ~5000lbs)
* Automatic 45RFE (RWD-Fully-Electronic) Transmission. Rear gear ratio equal to 1st gear ratio (for backing while towing), alternate 2nd gear.
* Quadra-Coil suspension which includes refined front track bar, reduced bump impact harshness, stiffer control arms, 3-link rear suspension, and "lubed for life componentry"
* Factory installed SentraKey theft system
* Quad-Halogen headlights
* Overhead Console, with up to 13 programmable features and in 4+ languages
* 3 HomeLink controls for programming your garage door opener, alarm system, etc
* Full roof rack
* Full DARK window tint all the way around (20% I think? - I can't remember.) All the windows minus the driver/passanger window are 20% colored glass from the factory (see last photo, which is pre-tint). I had the two front windows matched to the same precentage of the colored glass. The tint company that did it did a FANTASTIC job matching. Can't even tell that one is glass, one is tint. I will post pics tonight.
* COLD COLD A/C. A/C is flawless, perfectly cold.

That's all I can think of right now. I may be including the heavy-duty Husky-Liner floor mats (all weather floor mats, these things are awesome); and depending on what vehicle I purchase, I may also include my system for those that are interested (3 JL W610's with Zapco 750 AMP). I'm thinking about a pickup or possibly a Jeep Wrangler (TJ Rubicon), so these may be worthless to me in it.

This truck is flawless, especially for ~74K miles. All miles are highway. I bought this truck in May of 2003 with 24K miles on it. In basically a year and a half I put on ~50K miles, all highway. I lived in Bradenton for over a year, and worked in Tampa. That's about 150 miles commute everyday for 5 days a week, plus trips down to my home town in Fort Myers. Truck has never been beat on, has never been offroad, has never been raced. I'm not a kid, I know how to care for my vehicles. This Jeep is washed every Saturday morning inside and out (I'm OCD ), and waxed the 4th Saturday of every month (also by me). Paint is flawless with a scratch here and there, brand new hood (thanks to TireKingdom ), and the cladding is spotless. Leather has no rips or tears, no real signs of wear (one little spot on driver seat, I'll take a picture), and rear seats look like they've never been used - i've used them maybe twice. This truck looks like it should have 30K miles on it, not 75K. Engine and tranny are solid. No leaks, no sputters, no noises, no hesitations, no smoke. If you know Jeep, this truck will last you another 100K miles easy. This is my third Jeep, and I hope to own another!

Here are some lame pictures that I received from the dealer when I was negotiating this deal last May (I bought online from a dealership in Miami). It's all I have right now at the office, but I will post more tonight when I get home.

Any questions, or if you are interested PM me or send me an email @ sspiro@tampabay.rr.com. I will come to you so you can see it and drive it, just give me a heads up and let me know you are interested. As far as price, I got my payoff, which is 14,900 (paid nearly 20K with the warranty). Retail according to KBB is $13,210. I'd like to at least get blue book. I guess I'll just get a personal loan for the balance.. But whatever, PM me and we'll talk.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have 3rd party extended warranty up to 85,600 with option to extend another 30K. I've got a call in to see if it is transferrable. Would be nice if it is!

Last edited by SSpiro; 10-11-2004 at 02:41 AM.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:08 AM
Errare Humanum Est

Great news - The warranty is transferrable for a $30 transfer fee. Depending on the deal, I can cover that transfer fee.

Warranty includes:

AutoAssist Plus: 24 Hour Roadside Assitance including towing, battery, flat tire, lock-out, fuel, oil, fluids, water. No limit to number of calls.

$500 Emergency Travel Expense Account: If the vehicle is disabled by collision or mechanical breakdown 100 miles or more away from home, then owner is eligible for up to $500 max in emergency travel expenses including meals, lodging, rental, etc.

Platinum Cover plan with $0.00 deductible Covers the following:

* Engine
* Transmission
* Front Wheel Drive
* Rear Wheel Drive
* Steering
* Front Suspension
* Brakes
* Electrical
* HVAC (A/C, Heating)
* Fuel System
* Antilock, ABS, traction controls, etc.

Only items not covered are maint. parts and services (tune ups, oil changes, coolant, fluids, hoses, belts, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, alignments, tires, shocks, exhaust, clutch, glass, lights, lenses, trims, moldings, upholstery, paint, body work, framework, after market accessories.

Pretty inclusive warranty. Cost me ~$2000 or so. Keep this in mind when looking at this perfect truck!
Old 10-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Errare Humanum Est

Took some pics at lunch time.

Old 10-05-2004, 10:10 AM
need turbo stuff,pm me

looks nice what are you looking to trade for?

IF YOU CAN READ THIS- THANK A TEACHER,

AND SINCE ITS IN ENGLISH, THANK A SOLDIER

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."
-Ronald Reagan

Florida Cracker Mustang Coupe Whore
Old 10-05-2004, 12:29 PM
Errare Humanum Est

Thanks.

I have my heart set on the 04 Ford F150 SuperCrew...but wife has heart set on Montero Limited (used, of course).
Old 10-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Resident Asshole

Bump for a very clean jeep. i have been in this jeep myself and it will not dissapoint.
6/14/43 - 7/11/06 2:24am
Old 10-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Ghetto, Like Josh Stevens

Clean, clean Jeep. I used to have one. This looks really clean. Bump for you.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:19 AM
Errare Humanum Est

Thanks guys. I appreciate your kind comments.

Still available.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Errare Humanum Est

TTT.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:37 AM

You best bet would be to bury the negative equity in a new vehicle with a decent rebate. From the sound of things you are a capable negotiator so get the best deal you can from a dealership and then parachute the trade in at the end of the deal. Let the dealer finance through themselves(their lenders) and then in a few months go refi with whomever you choose to get a better rate. That way the dealer is under the impression they will be able to make their money from you through the financing. This tends to give you the best OTD price without sacrificing a better finance rate for the life of the loan. Just make sure they dont sneak in a prepayment penalty for paying off the laon. If they try that demand that be removed from the deal or there is no deal. They'll wipe it out for you.