BMW / Mercedes Tech Germany and its finest

need help/info on a bmw i want.please help

Old 11-18-2008, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help/info on a bmw i want.please help

my friend has a bmw 95 325 four door it has a m3 front bumper,m3 rims and a rebuilt motor from bmw with paper work.the bad is it needs a paint job which i can do myself,rims need to be powder coated,door pannels need to be replace,and the ignition has a lil starting prob and as long as i know him i have never seen it give him probs but he told me it happens.

i have a perfect running 94 eg hatch with custom paint,semi built motor,rims,and clean interior.i even placed third for best jdm at a show this past weekend.

i own my own shop and i buy ok looking cars and build them up and turn them into show cars.well the whole purpose of this thread is now alot of people know im getting this car and and dont know if they hating or not now everyone is telling me not to do it and its a bad idea.one more thing it would be my firts euro car.he wants my car and 1500 for his car is it worth it? lmk please because im suppose to get it next week.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:10 AM
is better than you™

car sounds pretty ruff, i would not value it very high. i'd put it in the sub five thousand range. i know nothing of the value of modified honda's but it sounds like your friend would be getting the better half of that trade, considering your car is simi built, with good paint, and runs fine

Last edited by jriggs; 11-18-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by jriggs
car sounds pretty ruff, i would not value it very high. i'd put it in the sub five thousand range. i know nothing of the value of modified honda's but it sounds like your friend would be getting the better half of that trade, considering your car is simi built, with good paint, and runs fine
thanks for the info.kelly blue book on my honda was 3500 before i did the stuff to it.but i also been in this business long enough to know that putting rims and system dont raise the value.but damn i really want a bmw because i know what i can turn it into in 2 weeks but at the same time i dont want get screwed over either.well if anything comes to mind let me know.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:42 AM
is better than you™

there are a few on auto trader in the 2 grand range that look to be body man specials. you could step into one of those

Old 11-18-2008, 10:15 AM

ok thanks man ima go check it out.by the way you know anyone i can get parts from?and i perfer new parts.if i end up getting my friends car heres the direction i wanted to go with it.lmk what you think. its got the m3 front,carbon fiber hood and head lights.i was gonna add the m3 rear and side skirts,i got some stagard rims pick out almost look like m3 rims with a dish 18x9.5 in the rear and 18x8.5 in the front,adjustable carbon fiber front and rear lip, slotted and drill rotors and repaint it black
Old 11-19-2008, 05:07 AM

Well a 1995 325 really isnt valued that high and how many miles are on the car? Why dont you part your honda out and sell it stock and then buy the car cash from him, the M3 bumpers really to be honest are not that expensive and pretty easy to pickup. Also the M3 market has fallen dramtically and you may be able to find an M3 in rough shape of course for 5-7k, there is a huge leap in performance from a 325 to an M3, I have a 95 M3 and own a euro specific shop so we get 2-3 M3s a week in for service. Good luck with whatever you decide to get and welcome to the euro world!
Cell: 703-314-6511
Andrew@lutzperfauto.net
17510 US HIghway 41 N
Lutz, FL 33549

Old 11-19-2008, 07:17 AM

a 95' 325i is an E36.

If it's an automatic , the tranny is by GM and will go out by the time it hits 150K. Also, theres no ATF dipstick .

New Door panels cost 700$ each from the dealer, but go for a complete set around 250-300$ on ebay.

Igntion problems could be releated to EWS (Car Security system) as well as fuel pump/ignition cylinder and starter..what is the exact problem?

Personally..an E36 like that would not be worth more then 2-3k for me. I've seen E36's go for less then 1k at dealer auctions with high miles, E36 verts for around 2500$ and M3's from 2500-4500$/.

Plus, I'll also bet it'd have to have the radiator/thermostat and waterpump replaced because for some damned reason people neglect those things and the weakpoint of the M50 engine is at the cooling section.

So, basically if you do get it..factor in replacing the starter--it will be needed no matter what at this age regardless of the milage. Waterpump needs to be checked ASAP since if it is running on the orginal plastic propeller unit IT WILL break and the car will overheat..and since you're doing the pump might as well do the radiator and thermostat as you are within access of all that.

Replacing the starter is a bitch though..theres two ways to get to it..either drop the tranny and do it from there or take off the intake manifold and replace it from the top which is a bigger bitch imo.

transmission if an automatic will prolly have to be replaced because bmw since then has been using the lifetime fluid philisophy which is complete BS. It's GM and can be found in caddied and isuzu rodeo's for a cheap fix if you have a Gt1 machine and willing to program the tranny
Old 11-19-2008, 07:14 PM

I got a wrecked m3 if you need parts. PM me

I miss u bro!

www.floridagerman.com
Old 11-20-2008, 04:37 AM

bump for all the info.yal shed some light on a lot of stuff i didnt know about thanks.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:58 AM

if you ever need anything Jcapelo is a good guy and will take care of you when you need it, he always seems to have M3's on jackstands these days being parted out
Cell: 703-314-6511
Andrew@lutzperfauto.net
17510 US HIghway 41 N
Lutz, FL 33549