Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Oh noes! Steel Belts showing! Need a tire shop

Old 08-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh noes! Steel Belts showing! Need a tire shop

Yeah. It kinda sucks. The steel belt is solidly showing on the left side. I'm scared to ride it anymore. I got a full 8k outta this tire, but I can't stretch its life no more. I need a tire shop that can put a 240 on for me. I can either buy it or have them buy it depending on what they want to do (I'm sure they want their markup).

I need an honest place near North Tampa/Lutz, because I don't want to risk riding too far. Anyone know of one?

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:18 PM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

didnt you buy some package with the bike wherre they come pick it up from you and fix it, then bright it back?
Old 08-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by ???
didnt you buy some package with the bike wherre they come pick it up from you and fix it, then bright it back?
Yeah, theres probably something in there if it breaks. Tires aren't included in that because it was a pretty sure bet it would never be cost effective. I'm on my own for tires.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 PM

You can drop the air a few pounds that should help you get more milage out of the tires. But why not just take off the wheels yourself and drop them off to get changed? It take me like 10 seconds to pull the back wheel off
Old 08-08-2011, 02:17 PM
refinish artist

Originally Posted by ibidu1
You can drop the air a few pounds that should help you get more milage out of the tires. But why not just take off the wheels yourself and drop them off to get changed? It take me like 10 seconds to pull the back wheel off
this.

RIP Chester P.Anderson Jr.9/23/05 I love you dad,and miss you very much.

RIP Kevin"Slo SI" 9/13/06,we will miss you homie,time heals wounds but you will never be forgotten
Old 08-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by ibidu1
No motorcycle jack, and I doubt most of them could lift a 750lb bike as long as mine anyhow. Also, I'm concerned about getting the rear tire straight when I go to put it back on.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by BAMF
No motorcycle jack, and I doubt most of them could lift a 750lb bike as long as mine anyhow. Also, I'm concerned about getting the rear tire straight when I go to put it back on.
For gsxr/busas and few other sport bikes. When you take off the wheel you do not have to loosen up the adjusters. I just unbolt the nut off the axle, take off the captive spacer thread the nut in slightly, tap on the nut till the other captive spacer pops out. Push the wheel forward take off the chain, pull the axle and walla the wheel is off very simple.

750 pounds what are you riding thats that heavy? Gsxr1000 are in the 375 range. Busa is around 550lb
Old 08-09-2011, 02:00 AM

gsxr 1k = around 450lbs ready to drive

i think he has a chopper

2011 BMW S1000RR
2008 NINJA ZX-10 - sold
2009 NINJA EX250 - sold
2006 NINJA ZX-14 (wrecked)
2005 NINJA 636 plasma blue - sold

Seductive Cycles
Old 08-09-2011, 08:48 AM
refinish artist

Originally Posted by Lime_Green_Hatch
gsxr 1k = around 450lbs ready to drive

i think he has a chopper
He has a Raider,pretty sexy bike,but it is heavy as balls.

RIP Chester P.Anderson Jr.9/23/05 I love you dad,and miss you very much.

RIP Kevin"Slo SI" 9/13/06,we will miss you homie,time heals wounds but you will never be forgotten
Old 08-09-2011, 09:32 AM

Give Barney's in Brandon a call. They use to have competitive prices on tires. Very close to online prices and in some cases beat them. This was years ago so I'm not sure how they are now. Your prob looking at 40-60 bucks to install if you bring in the whole bike.

Major props to Divine Sounds, Wheel Tec and Melilli Moto.

Quick Reply: Oh noes! Steel Belts showing! Need a tire shop